This job is currently Archived,
Embedded SW Developer with a broad interface into the organization - Denmark
Posted on : 27 March 2017
- Do you want to be part of delivering embedded firmware to hearing instrument and accessories in a successful international company, which will offer you good opportunities for growing on a professional and personal level?
- Then we may have a good career opportunity for you.
- For our company’s HQ , we are looking for a skilled Embedded SW Engineer, who can help to develop and maintain embedded SW for hearing aids and wireless accessories.
- Your work will have a huge effect on providing world class hearing aid solutions to the end users around the world.
- You will be part of a dynamic team consisting of 13 very skilled and dedicated SW developers.
- The team is responsible for designing and implementing embedded SW for our company’s in house developed ASICs.
- Besides the daily dialogue with your SW colleagues, you can look forward to interfacing with many part of the organization e.g. Algorithm Developers, Tool Developers and Testers.
- In your daily work you will be part of a SCRUM team, where you together with colleagues in a self-managed environment will be involved in all stages of the development process from the initial specification over design and architecture to the final implementation and testing.
- Your working days will be truly diverse and besides the above mentioned you should be prepared to handle a variety of different tasks such as: ·
- Adding new features to the hearing aids for the benefit of the end users·
- Design and implement wireless functionality toward external devices·
- Utilize a complex Linux-based build flows·
- Implementation and debugging of multi-core/multi-chip embedded SW·
- Use your skills to provide the best solution when tight resource constrains apply·
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with many disciplines within R&D·
- Work on feasibility projects to explore new opportunities
- We have high ambitions and it is up to you – in cooperation with a variety of organizational stakeholders – to drive the development process and obtain maximum performance with low power consumption. Thus, you will have a very large degree of influence on the final product.
- We expect you to work in accordance with the principals of Agile SW development and see the value of working with continuous integration and delivery.
Solid experience with SW development
- In order for you to be able to handle the challenges and responsibility of this position, we expect you to hold an M.SC.E.E or similar.
- This should preferably be complemented by 3 years of experience from a relevant industry, e.g. hearing aids, audio/electronics, or telecommunications.
- However, if you have other relevant background we are also interested in hearing from you.
- Besides a comprehensive understanding of embedded SW development and ability to find the minimalistic design solutions, your key competences should be centered around the following:
- Embedded C programming
- Programming for memory/power/time constrained systems
- Audio Signal Processing (minimum basic knowledge)
- Real-time operating System
- Multi Core programming
- Linux development platform
- Scripting language such as Python
- Agile SCRUM development philosophy
- MATLAB and Simulink
- Bluetooth/BLE knowledge
Your personal characteristics
- As a person you are characterized by a professional self-confidence giving you the ability to design and drive a successful development process from beginning to end.
- You are very focused on achieving high level quality and you are not too shy to challenge your colleagues or manager on procedures and decisions if you see alternatives or more creative solutions.
- Last but not least, you are an efficient and skilled engineer, able to communicate to – and engage - all external and internal stakeholders in the project thus ensuring the maximum degree of support in order to help realizing the team’s ambitious goal.
- 500 million people worldwide suffer from hearing loss.
- It is our company's ambition that our customers - hearing clinics throughout the world - prefer to use our products for people with impaired hearing.
- Our company is one of the two largest companies in the industry, and in Denmark all 1,300 employees, with passion, dedication and professional expertise, develop some of the most innovative hearing aids in the world.
- Our company is an international growing company, and 98% of Group revenues is generated outside Denmark.