Embedded Software Engineer - Netherlands
NightBalance is looking for embedded Software Engineers to join our talented team in The Hague, the Netherlands, and play an integral role in changing the face of the sleep apnea industry.
You will be responsible for the key product architecture decisions and ensuring that NightBalance’s product meets all regulatory requirements (Medical, Data Protection, etc.) required to launch in global markets.
You have a passion for, and experience in, developing medical products that have been brought to market. You are comfortable in developing products in a regulated environment to a strict development methodology focussed on solving end-user needs. You are an inquisitive and creative individual who is driven by a desire to change lives through innovative, human-centered product design.
You will work together with the other developers in a close-knit team to deliver new and ground-breaking products for patients with positional sleep apnea.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development in a regulated environment - ISO13485 / IEC 62304 / and 21 CFR 820 standards & guidelines.
- Write product design specifications, risk assessments, test protocols, reports and other documentation relevant to the development of the product.
- Design and develop product or assigned parts of the product or product family.
- Design, test and document real- time embedded systems.
- Assure the quality of software and products through good design, review and testing.
- Develop NightBalance’s medical products with a focus on performance, usability, scalability, security, data privacy and stability.
- Ensure compliance to Design for Manufacture, Test, Assembly and Cost objectives of the project.
- Application of best practices in Design Controls, Product Lifecycle Management, Configuration Management, Phase Reviews.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work in a team environment under deadlines and handle multiple detail-oriented tasks simultaneously.
- Manage 3rd party suppliers to deliver according to the project plans (supplier management).
Education / Skills / Requirements
- Masters Degree (or equivalent) in an applicable Software/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science field
- Good understanding of medical device software and processes and of the global quality/regulatory requirements around these
- Experience in developing with compliance to IEC 62304, ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 standards
- Experience in embedded programming in C, C++ and Python
- Experience of microcontroller firmware/software development and Algorithm design
- Experience of an embedded RTOS and Linux desirable
- Experience in embedded hardware platforms, e.g.: ARM, MSP430, 8051, PPC, MIPS; and real time operating systems
- Experience of Bluetooth Low Energy technology and developing software on mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
- Experience in managing 3rd party development & manufacturing suppliers
- Excellent communication skills in English
What we offer
- An attractive & competitive market salary.
- An inspiring working environment where autonomy is appreciated.
- An organization where professional and personal growth are important.
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)15 700 9700.
Please send your cv and cover letter in English addressed to Mr. R. Duffy.
No recruiters at this moment please.