One IT Overall responsibilities:
- Champions the One IT Operating Model
- Ensures and promote collaboration with other IT divisions as well as parts of the MSD/MSD business, both locally and globally, to break-down organizational boundaries in favor of a highly-collaborative and customer-centric culture
- Drives continuous improvement and innovation, develops and outside-in view based on cross-industry networking
- Assures, and is able to demonstrate full compliance of functional area IT systems and processes, and this towards both company requirement as well as applicable regulatory requirements.
IT Business Analysis:
- Continuously collaborate with both local and global business partners to understand current and desired business processes/requirements, as well as corresponding business goals.
- Support and/or performs the formulation, definition and documentation of business cases with associated drivers (return on investment), key performance indicators and other appropriate measures/metrics for value realization.
- Based on business and IT knowledge, works with local and global IT partners in the initial development and assessment of solution alternatives ensuring alignment with global IT standards/architecture and adherence to Lean /Six sigma principles. Documents and verifies business process flows and business requirements. Verify solution s alignment with requirements. Develops detailed functional requirements specifications from high level business concepts.
- Leads and/or supports the application of the MSD System Development LifeCycle (SDLC) and regulatory requirements, including development/review of the required deliverables as well as leading, executing, and facilitation of appropriate testing activities.
- Coordinates the development of local market end-user training programs. Participates as needed, in training delivery and hand over to support.
- Leads and drives local (human) change management processes as needed to realize the value of IT innovations / improvements.
- Building on the responsibilities above, realize business & IT value by
- Supporting the local rollout of globally defined solutions/enhancements while minimizing customization; collaborate in business case development and requirement definition to make sure the local market needs are globally understood and integrated as applicable, followed by applicable actions to further support the rollout.
- Communicating and clarifying local market business needs as the basic driver/starting point for the development of a global solution, following global rollout actions outlined in the bullet above.
- Leading the development of custom solutions for which no global solution exist and that are not been identified as the basis for a current global system; develop the full business case and requirement definition in combination with the business, and as applicable global teams including but not limited to the Global Innovation Center, followed by applicable further rollout activities for approved business cases.
- Manages/supports local project management (MSPS) activities, including management or project budget and/or external resources.
- Tracks key performance indicators and other appropriate measures/metrics to assure projected value realization, and manages/escalates corresponding issues.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, methodologies, industry practices and standards
Education & Experience Level:
- Education: BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Math, or equivalent experience
- The candidate should have 5+ years of related experience in areas of business analysis or business process engineering work. Demonstrated experience and proficiency with one or more formal methodologies for business requirements analysis and business process engineering.
Overall Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrate ethics and integrity
- Drive results
- Focus on Customers and patients
- Make rapid disciplined decisions
- Act with courage and candor
- Build talent
- Foster collaboration
Overall Professional Competencies:
- Business & Financial acumen: Demonstrates working knowledge of MSD s core business structure and how own function contributes to and works within the organization
- Working across boundaries: Demonstrates the ability to use knowledge of teams/ functions to help complete tasks and projects
- Strategic thinking: Demonstrates the ability to adapt current work processes to meet emerging needs and changes in job responsibilities. Demonstrates the ability to evaluate new ideas and proposed methods for practicality and ease of implementation.
- Project Management: Demonstrates the ability to coordinate work tasks with others for timely completion and to avoid potential setbacks. Demonstrates the ability to adjust work to accommodate sudden task changes and avoid potential threats to meeting task deadlines.
- Productive Communication: Demonstrates skill in using an open communication style that actively acknowledges other thoughts and opinions.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrates the ability to independently solve problems that arise within job responsibilities and expectations. Demonstrates the ability to combine data and information from multiple sources in new ways to determine causes of issues.
Functional & Technical Competencies:
- Demonstrated background knowledge of healthcare industry and key business processes, with ability to quickly understand business processes.
- Able to succeed in a dynamic, rapidly changing, highly matrixes business environment.
- Prior hands on experience developing the full SDLC deliverable set, as well as demonstrated understanding of appropriate regulatory guidelines.
- Able to produce business documentation based on effective business requirements analysis and gathering (translation / breakdown of business needs into requirements). He/she is effective in business process engineering and has an innovation / continuous process improvement focus with basic Six Sigma experience.
- Must be a good relationship builder with exceptional interpersonal flexibility and ability to work independently on tasks that are not well defined. Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with all levels of business leadership and operational teams.
- Has demonstrated excellent presentation oral, written, and graphical communications skills, as well as ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Excellent facilitation, consultation ,and influencing skills including experience with outsourced service providers
- Must be able to work independently and enable/facilitate productive and business-like meetings as well as to work with individuals at all levels and demonstrate a level of professionalism that instils confidence and inspires trust.
- Project management experience on small to medium sized projects, with demonstrated knowledge of project management process and methodologies (e.g. PMI ).
Job: Business/Technical Analysis Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Business/Tech. Analysis
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Engineer, Law, Computer Science, Lean Six Sigma, Finance, Engineering, Legal, Technology, Management
Find a Job Find Candidates