Electronic Technician (Lyon, France area) - France
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Electronic Technician for our Microbial Solutions division. The position will be located in the Lyon, France area and surrounding territory.
Summary of Position:
- Administer test, trouble shoot and repair electronics to the component level.
- Mechanically assemble and disassemble new and existing equipment
- Perform and operate on test equipment and solder equipment when needed.
- Create, develop and continuously improve SOP's pertaining to the PTS and MCS machines.
- Able to analyze situations and apply own judgment when accessing mechanical problems, independently.
- Coordinate scheduling and support department personnel in the absence of the PTS Engineer.
- Responsible for proficiency in all SOPs in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for documentation as required by company policy, cGMP and FDA
- Support and serve as second back-up to Technical Services by loading software, calibration of new equipment and ensuring proper packaging of new equipment.
- Perform and assess data entry in software program in order to track machine repairs.
- Interpret past repairs on PTS and MCS machines, historically, in order to resolve and diagnosis new machine issues.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Receive:
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Opportunity for growth within the Sales/Service group and Charles River
- Competitive compensation package with excellent benefits
- Tight-knit team environment within a forward-thinking organization
Minimum Requirements related to the Electronic Technician position:
- Education: Associate's degree (AA/AS.) or Bachelor's degree (BA/B.S.) in electronics.
- Experience: 1-3 years related experience in the area of electronics or mechanical.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Must be able to understand and read schematics. Experience with MS Office Suite. Data entry experience preferred. Attention to detail in all aspects of work is essential
About Microbial Solutions
Our Microbial Solutions business group has a comprehensive portfolio of endotoxin testing, microbial detection and microbial identification products and services is unlike any other, and has been purposefully designed to meet the complex and ever-changing needs of the industry. We help clients to ensure product safety and quality with easy-to-use yet robust testing solutions that satisfy regulatory requirements, support critical decision making and improve operational efficiencies.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity