Electronic Technician - United States
Charles River (company)
Responsible for performing all engineering activities for all Portable Testing System (PTS) and Multi-Cartridge System (MCS) machines used internally and externally. Coordinate with and assist PTS/MCS Engineer with routine calibration, repairs, upgrades and assembly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer test, trouble shoot and repair electronics to the component level.
- Understand and read schematics.
- Mechanically assembly and disassemble new and existing equipment
- Perform and operate on test equipment and solder equipment when needed.
- Create, develop and continuously improve SOP’s pertaining to the PTS and MCS machines.
- Able to analyze situations and apply own judgment when accessing mechanical problems, independently.
- Coordinate scheduling and support department personnel in the absence of the PTS Engineer.
- Responsible for proficiency in all SOPs in areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for documentation as required by company policy, cGMP and FDA.
- Support and serve as second back-up to Technical Services by loading software, calibration of new equipment and ensuring proper packaging of new equipment.
- Perform and assess data entry in software program in order to track machine repairs.
- Interpret past repairs on PTS and MCS machines, historically, in order to resolve and diagnosis new machine issues.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in electronics.
- Experience: 1-3 years related experience in the area of electronics or mechanical.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Computer experience in Windows Office Suite programs, including data tracking and data entry experience preferred. Attention to detail in all aspects of work is essential.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet