Electro Mechanical Technician II - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a leading global provider of in vitro diagnostics.
- We have an established track record for providing high-quality products and services to the global clinical laboratory and immunohematology communities.
- Our company has approximately 4,000 employees, serving customers in more than 120 countries.
- We are recruiting and retaining the best and brightest around the world.
- People who are performance driven, want to make a difference and who help us grow our leadership position in a changing marketplace.
- The power to reimagine starts with empowered people.
- People who are empowered to grow and given the chance to succeed in ways they hadn’t thought possible before.
- Our purpose is simple: to improve and save lives with diagnostics. We do that by re imagining what’s possible.
The Career Potential:
- Our company is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics.
- To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures.
- As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before.
- There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at our company.
- More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine.
- That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
As the company transitions, we are seeking an Electro-Mechanical Technician II. Normal working hours are 6:00 am to 2:30 pm with occasional requirements to work off shifts and extended hours.
- The Electro-Mechanical Technician's responsibilities include the performance of preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance and troubleshooting of packaging and processing equipment through the application of problem solving tools within the company.
- The Individual will also provide the manufacturing team direct support in routine problem solving of a simple to moderate nature and identifying and correcting issues.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of new process equipment and upgrades using feasibility studies which include development of options and the analysis of alternatives.
- Develop and implement change control documentation to update preventive maintenance procedures, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and installed equipment files in accordance with cGMP practices. cGMP responsibilities will include support of non-conformance investigations related to process and facility equipment problems and corrective/preventive actions.
- Provide accurate documentation of all activities associated with maintenance work orders, maintenance follow up, and part retrieval.
- Operate production equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- The Electro-Mechanical Technician II will directly support engineering projects, validations, and process improvement projects.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through consistent follow-up and close-out of maintenance activities with client base.
- Performs duties with minimal direction or supervision. There are occasional interactions with internal and external regulatory agencies.
- This position requires a technical associates degree or equivalent 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment and working with a formalized computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) or calibration program.
- Experience with GMP, ISO and calibration requirements is preferred. Knowledge of FDA and EU regulations is preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Strong technical knowledge, demonstrated ability to learn, and resolve technical issues. Builds trust and relationships. Implements change and modifies work approach to deliver expected results. Have good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to keep multiple jobs in controlled motion.
- Must be knowledgeable of automated packaging equipment including basic knowledge of electrical, controls (i.e. HMI, PLC) and machine setup.
- The successful candidate should also be capable of learning computer based machine control and inspection systems (i.e. vision systems).
- Must be proficient with MS Office WORD and EXCEL software and be able to learn/utilize CMMS (MAXIMO) software.
- Must have the ability to examine the equipment to be maintained and determine the appropriate preventative maintenance including spare parts handling and documentation. Must be able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Physical and work condition demands of the position are; some lifting, not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity for handling instruments and repetitive motions, sitting and standing for a long period of time.
- Working conditions include sitting, standing, walking, climbing ladders, working on hands and knees, in cramped or awkward positions and in confined areas. Ability to work in bio-hazard areas and clean rooms.
- Bio-hazard areas require the use of protective gear and on-going monitoring. Must wear protective clothing and safety equipment, as required.
- Normal working hours: 6 am to 2:30 pm. Must be able to work off-shifts and extended hours.
- Required to participate in 24/7 emergency on-call coverage
- We are proud of the empowering, inclusive and innovative culture we are growing.
- Our team is passionate about our work, and brings deep knowledge, industry experience and diverse thinking that drive results, making our company a place to grow your career.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.