This job is currently Archived,
Electrician - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Our company has an exciting opportunity for an Electrician to join our company.
- In this role, you will perform high-level electrical and mechanical installation and maintenance of field and plant equipment and facilities.
- You will be challenged with the responsibility of all plant electrical systems.
- The critical work performed by the Electrician directly affects the impact of safety, function, longevity and overall operation of electrical and mechanical equipment at the plant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of plant electrical systems
- Regular inspection
- Cost analysis
- Programmable logic controllers/electrical systems
- Security system and communications systems
- Maintains relationships with local vendors and contractors as identified
- Acts as Plant Electrician and liaison with Engineering department
- Deals with various electrical equipment (12V to 480V)
- Interpretation of electric code of application
- Two year technical/trade degree or equivalent related work experience
- Three to five (3-5) years of electrical/mechanical experience
- Able to understand and interpret the National Electric Code
- Able to troubleshoot and maintain 12V-480V systems
- Knowledge of programmable logic controls and other control systems, graphical user interfaces, motor starters, gear boxes, conveyor systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
- Able to read blueprints and ladder logic
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- May require shift work
The following are preferred:
- Electrical license
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience
- Project planning & coordination skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and anticipate needs
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to make independent decisions
- PC skills
- Various maintenance skills: Fabrication, welding, mechanical