DuPont Pioneer has an exciting opportunity for an Electrician to join our team in Algona, Iowa. We're currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus to join our organization and we offer an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
In this role, you will perform high-level electrical and mechanical installation and maintenance of field and plant equipment and facilities. You will be challenged with the responsiblity of all plant electrical systems. The critical work performed by the Electrician directly affects the impact of safety, function, longevity and overall operation of electrical and mechanical equipment at the plant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Management of plant electrical systems
• Regular inspection
• Cost analysis
• Programmable logic controllers/electrical systems
• Security system and phone connections
• Maintain relationships with local vendors and contractors as identified
• Act as Plant Electrician and liaison with Engineering department
• Work with various electrical equipment (12V to 480V)
• Interpretation of electric code of application
The following are required:
• Two year technical/trade degree or three to five (3-5) years of electrical experience
• Able to understand and interpret the National Electric Code
• Able to troubleshoot and maintain 12V-480V systems
• Knowledge of programmable logic controls and other control systems, graphical user interfaces, motor starters, gear boxes, conveyor systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
• Able to read blueprints and ladder logic
• Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
• Willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
• Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
• Will require shift work
The following are preferred:
• Project planning & coordination skills
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and anticipate needs
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Problem solving capabilities
• Ability to make independent decisions
• PC skills
• Knowledge of telephone systems
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.