Electrical Harness Designer - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
AKKA Group North America is looking for an Electrical Harness Designer who would like to join a dynamic and growing company in Montreal, to support one of its customers in the aerospace sector. Several positions are to be filled, in Montreal and Toronto, as soon as possible.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be part of an Aircraft EWIS Interiors Harness engineering team, within the Aerostructure and Engineering Services division. Your primary role will be to lead a team of electrical designers to integrate interior system and aircraft design configurations to produce wiring diagram designs to support interior harness deliveries.
In your role, you will:
- Perform as a technical authority in wiring diagram design
- Review and approve WD documentation and datasets in part or in whole
- Provide technical support on change management implementation (RFC, PCR)
- Recommend and approve design changes
- Engage interior system stakeholders and meet results
- Provide technical leadership to team
- Identify and manage technical risks & opportunities
- Support Supervisor to disposition conflicting requests from different stakeholders
- Communicate lessons learned to other community members
YOUR PROFILE & SKILLS
- You have a University degree in aircraft avionics or electrical engineering or equivalent work experience in wiring integration, and a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in aerospace.
- You have wiring design, wiring installation and/or wiring troubleshooting experience.
- You have experience with Mentor Graphics Logic tool.
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and have good organization skills.
- You are familiar with BM’s, RAE documents and BAPS related to harnesses
- You must be bilingual (English and French), both written and spoken.
- You are a self-motivated person, a team player able to work under pressure and under a minimum of supervision.
- You must also be a person with initiative, have a strong sense of responsibility and good engineering judgment to be able to meet due dates and respect project milestones
- You have the ability to understand complex engineering issues and are innovative in problem solving.
- You are comfortable working with the MS Office suite