Electrical Engineering Intern - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D).
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
- To assist the Global Engineering Team to prepare the necessary documentation and monitor progress for technical projects across the organization.
- The incumbent will be a contributor in supporting the execution of the company’s plans and maintaining the company’s position as a knowledge leader in the bio pharma industry.
- Assist in the design and development of process and utility systems.
- Provide support in areas of commissioning and operation of mechanical, process, electrical, automation equipment and systems and performance test protocols.
- Prepare technical operating procedures, project request for proposals, operational manuals and reports.
- Assist with the inspection of materials, specifications and quantities.
- Check and cross reference project records and assist in producing as-build records for engineering.
- Participate in feasibility studies for proposed equipment, systems or processes.
- Coordinate and meet with project teams to discuss requirements and constraint issues.
- Coordinate and conduct task reviews to ensure alignment with technical requirements and specifications.
- Prepare preliminary project reports and update daily activities for management review.
- Maintain current records for each project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering Degree.
- Basic knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of engineering.
- Basic Project management and organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, interpret technical documents.
- Junior level standing or higher in engineering course work leading to an Engineering degree from an accredited xx-year college or university.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks and complete work on schedule with minimal supervision.
- Eagerness to learn and accept challenges
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- As a leading employer in our industry, our company is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.