Electrical Engineer - Ireland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- By making someone else’s life better, you’ll make a real difference in your own.
- Our company unites caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world.
- For more than 138 years our company has been committed to bringing life-changing medicines to those who need them, advancing the understanding and management of disease, and supporting communities where we live and work.
- We’re proud of our heritage, and at our manufacturing site, we value integrity, excellence, and respect for people.
Main Purpose and Objectives of Position
- Provide Electrical Engineering support & oversight to the following groups as required
- Site maintenance organisation
- Small projects group
- Global facilities delivery
- Provide electrical engineering consultancy to major corporate projects & LTC as required
- Maintain and improve the site electrical engineering standards & master specifications
- Lead and investigate new technologies and approaches to electrical engineering
- Mentor site electrical craft leader & small project group electrical engineering lead
- Primary contact for electrical engineering issues with external agencies and regulatory bodies.
- In line with the job outlined above, the following are typically the key tasks that would be expected of the role:
- Provide direction to Electrical Engineers in the Site Project Group and those working (on company’s behalf) on Corporate Projects.
- (For both groups this will include ensuring that current revisions of site and corporate standards and specifications are being used, and are being implemented).
- Oversee selection process for Contract Electrical Engineering personnel and Electrical Contractor Companies delivering electrical installation/maintenance/repair services to site.Primary site contact for corporate electrical engineering personnel.
- Ensure that site electrical installations and electrical equipment are installed /maintained/operated in accordance with all relevant National/EU legislation and applicable IS/EN standards.In co-operation with the Plant Instrument Engineer ensure that instrument IS installations comply with the relevant electrical requirements for safety.
- Ensure implications of forthcoming legislative requirements, standards or codes of practice related to installation, use and maintenance of electrical equipment that are likely to have a direct site impact are understood and implemented.
Owner of the following:-
- Site Electrical Master Plan.
- Direct future site strategy on site distribution and equipment selection and/or replacement
- Electrical System Integrity Program
- Local implementation of the Corporate HSE Global Electrical Safety Policy including the Technical Requirements Document.
- All SOP’s related to the safe use of the site electrical distribution system and permanently installed electrical power generation equipment, Electrical Distribution Work Permits, Energized Work Permits, Electrical PPE.
- Be site SME for all new development and approaches to electrical engineering technology design and installation.
- Maintain a currency in the electrical engineering profession.
- Provide high level tech support and strategic direction to maintenance department either directly or through technician/specialist for appropriate maintenance of electrical equipment on site.
- Effective (cost, achievable, practical etc) maintenance strategies for (high impact/high cost) equipmentIncident investigation support where required
- Approve and support value adding projects to improve electrical equipment reliability
- Site Consultant on Energy issues related to electricity, incl Cogeneration etc.
- Owner for Electricity capacity and supply matters for the site.
- Liaise with and be the primary contact point for ESB and ESBIE (or other incumbent supplier).
- Primary technical adviser on electricity procurement process.
- Primary site contact for corporate and other external audits which relate to safe use of electricity on site.
- This includes ensuring all personnel on site engaged in electrical work, have appropriate qualifications, training, experience and safety equipment for the work which they are involved with.Site Insurer's contact for electrical matters.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or possess an equivalent nationally recognised professional electrical engineering qualification. (e.g. C Eng).
- Minimum of 8 -10 years relevant industrial experience, ideally in a Pharma/Biopharma environment.
- Demonstrated excellent technical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and facilitate decision-making.