Electrical & Instrumentation Technician Job - United Kingdom
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD is recruiting an Electrical & Instrumentation Technician for our site in Cramlington.
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician will maintain and repair equipment within designated areas, such that production priorities are met and the equipment performs to its optimum capability in compliance with all relevant cGMP and safety standards and site SOPS, which are all, subject to external regulatory inspection.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
1. Define, plan, perform and document planned maintenance activities, including calibration, utilising a computerised maintenance management system (CMMS) and other appropriate systems
• Manage work orders within the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
• Liaise with Maintenance Planner and internal customers in order to plan work.
• Liaise with external contractors, defining scope of works and planning/supervising site activities.
• Document maintenance activities to cGMP standards both in paper based records and the Computerised
• Maintenance Management System. Manage the storage of maintenance records.
2. Respond to breakdown of equipment, automated systems, networks and instrumentation systems, diagnosing and rectifying faults
• Liaise with internal customers at all times.
• Perform fault finding on equipment, including automated systems and networks. Diagnose faults, organise internal/external resources, source parts and rectify to meet production requirements.
• Design, implement and test minor software modifications following System Life Cycle guidelines.
• Document maintenance activities to cGMP standards both in paper based records and the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
• Carry out “on the job training” for technical apprentices and mentors leading up to NVQ assessment.
3. Develop, follow, review and update documentation, e.g. SOPs, Change Control, Deviations, reports etc.
• Write new SOPs and conduct 3 yearly reviews of current SOPs.
• Raise Change Control and Atypical Engineering Maintenance Observations etc. and manage to completion.
4. Proactively engage in continuous improvement activities relating to cGMP, Productivity and Safety
• Involved with own and team based Continuous Improvement initiatives. Implements agreed action plans.
• Seek to improve internal systems and methods of working.
5. Project-manage Capital Projects within a defined maximum value
• Liaise with internal customers to specify and plan project requirements.
• Liaise with external suppliers to estimate project costs.
• Procure equipment and services from external suppliers. Co-ordinate installation and commissioning.
• Close out project upon completion.
6. Manage external contracts. Supervise external contractors and equipment vendors. Prepare issue and control safety documents.
• Time served in an Electrical, Electronic or Instrumentation discipline + 5years experience in PLC and SCADA systems.
• HNC in an Electrical, Electronic or Instrumentation discipline or relevant experience.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: Equip. Maintenance Tech. Spec. Job Title:Electrical & Instrumentation Technician
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-ENG-Cramlington
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Technician, Instrumentation, Engineer, Law, Maintenance, Technology, Engineering, Legal, Manufacturing