This job is currently Archived,
Electrical & Instrument Mechanic Wilmington United States,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Electrical & Instrument Mechanic
- Overall Function
- The E&I technician supports research by assembling, installing, troubleshooting and repairing various electrical power systems, control circuits, laboratory instruments, and other process control systems.
- This position is within the Research Crafts Organization at the company Experimental Station.
Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Receives instructions, prints and work orders for various tasks. Plans work and completes all required safety-related forms.
- Installs new systems and controls including power wiring.
- Performs quality assurance self-inspections to insure work is within specifications, meets all engineering standards, complies with National Electrical Code and any local government-related codes.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, P&I diagrams, and other electrical drawings.
- Installs, programs and troubleshoots Programmable Logic Controllers and other similar equipment.
- Must be familiar with, and qualified to work on, single and three phase electrical distribution systems up to 480 volts.
- Maintains proper housekeeping of work area and equipment
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Journeyman certification and/or 6 years experience in a commercial/industrial maintenance environment as an Electrical & Instrument mechanic.
- Demonstrated ability to safely and quickly analyze, troubleshoot and repair electrical and instrumentation problems.
- Must be able to work directly and effectively with scientists, engineers, program managers, planners, peers and other team members in a diverse environment while maintaining positive interpersonal relations.
- Must be able to discern colors, as related to wiring.
- Demonstrated ability to properly interpret and follow all engineering standards, National Electric Code and other local government regulations.
- Frequent standing, climbing, lifting, pulling, carrying, grasping, reaching, stooping and crouching are required.
USA DE Wilmington
Find a Job Find Candidates