This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 12 June 2017
- We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
- Employees of our company work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
Belgium France Netherlands Campus EHS&S Director
- Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S), as part of the company Supply Chain, is currently recruiting for a Campus EHS&S Director- (Belgium, France, Netherlands). Location preference for this position would be in any manufacturing facility within this campus .
- The Campus EHS&S Director will manage a team across a specified geography and multiple business functions seeking to optimize EHS&S resource deployment against strategic objectives.
- The Campus EHS&S Director will routinely interface with multiple internal business stakeholders including Supply Chain, R&D, and Commercial leaders.
- The role may also interface with external stakeholders. This role is also required to interact as the EHS&S (SPOC) Single Point of Contact for the specific company Platforms or segments as required. Multi-site.
- Accountable for successful implementation of EHS services to local Supply Chain, R&D, Commercial customers in support of business objectives; Conducts periodic performance and service satisfaction reviews with various stakeholders .
- Creates value by driving greater efficiency and standardization in the deployment of EHS resources, processes, procedures and programs using a campus, regional or global construct.
- Accountable for delivery of agreed-to l EHS&S/Sustainability 2020 performance plan.
- Builds and manages a lean, highly competent EHS support team that delivers superior EHS services to all facilities within the campus.
- Defines and coordinates all EHS resource needs within campus while optimizing leverage of SMEs (e.g., IH, environmental, process safety) across Make, Source, Deliver, R&D & commercial locations.
- Co-owns decision rights for intra-campus hiring and own decision rights for staff management, workload distribution.
- Continuously monitors all aspects of Campus EHS performance, providing direction to Site EHS&S leaders and Site EHS&S teams.
- Leads and executes administrative activities including Talent Management, Campus Budget Management, Cost allocation, and regulatory tracking processes.
- Provides EHS&S technical assistance and support as needed across all campus locations.
- A University/Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of degree is required. Science, engineering or related EHS discipline/degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years of progressive experience in EHS&S management, with at least 4+ years managing EHS&S programs at a Manufacturing or R&D facility is required.
- Strong leadership skills are a must.
- Previously demonstrated supervisory/leadership experience is required.
- Strong communicator who is credible and self-assured;
- Strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner; ability to negotiate with and influence key business leaders.
- Strong compliance orientation with a focus on end-to-end global/regional process management is required.
- Ability to work in a matrix, team oriented environment is required.
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills are required.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills are required.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%, depending on business needs, is required.
Find a Job Find Candidates