EHS Specialist - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Global Safety and Environment (GSE) department provides safety and environmental support for all the company operations in order to drive towards world class EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) performance. The department covers all the essential EHS expertise.
Responsibilities may include:
- Implementing company corporate EHS strategy at the site operations level;
- Provide knowledge and expertise on Process Safety Management as Subject Matter Expert to the operational departments in various teams and projects;
- Acting as SME for Process Safety Management in the Dutch language region;
- Provide general EHS expertise and best practices as required;
- Translate EHS legislation and corporate requirements into practical programs and implementation plans;
- Execute projects and assigned tasks, like risk assessments, permit notifications, inspections, auditing and reporting and develop and share best practices;
- Support annual EHS training plans and deliver EHS training by providing training content, train trainers and employees;
- Monitoring and improving EHS compliance within operational departments in cooperation with Compliance Engineers and taking action if required (go to Gemba);
- Advising site management on the safe and environmentally sound operation of all processes, plant and equipment;
- Communicating clearly and consistently complex technical and regulatory information to both senior level site leaders and shop floor colleagues;
- Ensuring operation according to standard operating procedures, guidelines; undertaking immediate actions to resolve issues (Act Now);
- Participating in incident and near miss investigations (root cause investigation), reporting in the Global EHS administrative systems, developing CAPAs where required and tracking actions until completion. Evaluating effectiveness of established CAPAs;
- Developing and reporting compliance related KPI's (incl. deviations, incidents / CAPA’s etc.);
- Participating in EHS local, regional and global improvement / implementation projects;
- Connect with EHS program leads and other experts in the global network;
- Maintain and develop professionals technological, administrative and legal expertise by participating in professional networks and attending required training courses.
- Bachelor or master degree in Chemical Engineering or comparable technical discipline relevant for the function;
- Additional education in HVK (Hogere Veiligheidskunde);
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry;
- Willing to certify as an EHS professional;
- Process Safety Management expertise and skills, e.g. leading/participating in HAZOPs/PHAs, LOPAs, executing / reviewing pressure relief device calculations, interpreting dust explosion data, executing and reviewing ATEX assessments, writing Explosion Safety Documents, executing instrumental criticality analysis;
- Knowledge of GMP, ISPE, ISO, and FDA (Lean 6-sigma experience/ belt certificate is preferred);
- Change agent; open for change and passion for Lean and Continuous Improvement;
- Ability to influence and communicate with all levels of the organization (from shop floor to senior management);
- Strong project management skills, managing complex issues;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to work transparently and with a sense of urgency across various businesses and functions;
- Result oriented, timely deliver on objectives within budgetary limits;
- Compliance driven;
- Team player and customer focused; Strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Willing to travel as needed;
- Percentage: 100%;
- Assessment could be part of the application procedure.
- Our company is working to help the world be well.
- Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals.
- We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them.
- Our company has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
- Our company Animal Health develops and produces vaccines and pharmaceutical specialties for livestock, companion animals and fish.
- We have offices in more than 50 countries, sell our products in over 140 markets and operate in a network of manufacturing sites and research and development facilities around the world.
- We are always seeking innovative talents that focus on constant improvement of our products and the way we work.
- We’re looking for new colleagues who are entrepreneurs and result driven.
- But not only results matter; how you achieve these results is crucial to be successful within company Animal Health as well.
- Our company Animal Health leads the way in veterinary pharmaceuticals.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
A good place to work
- Our company is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators.
- Our company always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels.
- We expect a lot from our people and company has a lot to offer them as well.
- Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what company values and rewards most.
- If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, our company will be a good place for you to work.
- We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people.
- Our company gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Job Segment: Engineer, Environmental Health & Safety, Law, CAPA, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Healthcare, Legal, Management, Science