This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 10 April 2017
- Our department provides safety and environmental support for all the company operations in order to drive towards world class EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) performance.
- The department covers all the essential EHS expertise.
- Reporting to the Associate Director EHS, Pharmaceutical Operations the EHS Specialist ensures compliance to external and internal EHS regulations / EHS standards and guidelines.
- You will be responsible for identifying, preventing and mitigating safety and environmental risks to protect our workforce, our assets and the environment.
- In addition you will be responsible as part of the site EHS team for maintaining & improving the EHS Management System, and where applicable will support sharing of systems and tools across departmental boundaries and sites.
- You will be responsible for guiding internal and external inspections/ audits and will continuously analyse current performance to find and lead improvements.
- The role will provide a strong focus on Process Safety in our Pharmaceutical Operation and High Risk Work activities across the site. You will have no direct reports.
Responsibilities may include:
- Implementing company corporate EHS strategy at the site operations level;
- Provide knowledge and expertise on Process Safety Management as Subject Matter Expert to the operational departments in various teams and projects;
- Acting as SME for Process Safety Management in the Dutch language region;
- Provide general EHS expertise and best practices as required;
- Translate EHS legislation and corporate requirements into practical programs and implementation plans;
- Execute projects and assigned tasks, like risk assessments, permit notifications, inspections, auditing and reporting and develop and share best practices;
- Support annual EHS training plans and deliver EHS training by providing training content, train trainers and employees;
- Monitoring and improving EHS compliance within operational departments in cooperation with Compliance Engineers and taking action if required (go to Gemba);
- Advising site management on the safe and environmentally sound operation of all processes, plant and equipment;
- Communicating clearly and consistently complex technical and regulatory information to both senior level site leaders and shop floor colleagues;
- Ensuring operation according to standard operating procedures, guidelines; undertaking immediate actions to resolve issues (Act Now);
- Participating in incident and near miss investigations (root cause investigation), reporting in the Global EHS administrative systems, developing CAPAs where required and tracking actions until completion.
- Evaluating effectiveness of established CAPAs;
- Developing and reporting compliance related KPI's (incl. deviations, incidents / CAPA s etc.);
- Participating in EHS local, regional and global improvement / implementation projects;
- Connect with EHS program leads and other experts in the global network;
- Maintain and develop professionals technological, administrative and legal expertise by participating in professional networks and attending required training courses.
- Bachelor or master degree in Chemical Engineering or comparable technical discipline relevant for the function;
- Additional education in HVK (Hogere Veiligheidskunde);
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry;
- Willing to certify as an EHS professional;
- Process Safety Management expertise and skills, e.g. leading/participating in HAZOPs/PHAs, LOPAs, executing / reviewing pressure relief device calculations, interpreting dust explosion data, executing and reviewing ATEX assessments, writing Explosion Safety Documents, executing instrumental criticality analysis;
- Knowledge of GMP, ISPE, ISO, and FDA (Lean 6-sigma experience/ belt certificate is preferred);
- Change agent; open for change and passion for Lean and Continuous Improvement;
- Ability to influence and communicate with all levels of the organization (from shop floor to senior management);
- Strong project management skills, managing complex issues;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to work transparently and with a sense of urgency across various businesses and functions;
- Result oriented, timely deliver on objectives within budgetary limits;
- Compliance driven;
- Team player and customer focused; Strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Willing to travel as needed;
- Percentage: 100%;
- Assessment could be part of the application procedure.
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
A good place to work
- Our employees are the key to our company s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Environmental Health & Safety, CAPA, Engineer, Law, Lean Six Sigma, Healthcare, Engineering, Management, Legal
Find a Job Find Candidates