EHS Specialist Job - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our department provides safety and environmental support for all the company operations in order to drive towards world class EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) performance.
- The department covers all the essential EHS expertise.
- Reporting to the Associate Director EHS, Pharmaceutical Operations the EHS Specialist ensures compliance to external and internal EHS regulations / EHS standards and guidelines.
- You will be responsible for identifying, preventing and mitigating safety and environmental risks to protect our workforce, our assets and the environment.
- In addition you will be responsible as part of the site EHS team for maintaining & improving the EHS Management System, and where applicable will support sharing of systems and tools across departmental boundaries and sites.
- You will be responsible for guiding internal and external inspections/ audits and will continuously analyse current performance to find and lead improvements.
- The role will provide a strong focus on Process Safety in our Pharmaceutical Operation and High Risk Work activities across the site. You will have no direct reports.
Responsibilities may include:
- Implementing company corporate EHS strategy at the site operations level;
- Provide knowledge and expertise on Process Safety Management as Subject Matter Expert to the operational departments in various teams and projects;
- Acting as SME for Process Safety Management in the Dutch language region;
- Provide general EHS expertise and best practices as required;
- Translate EHS legislation and corporate requirements into practical programs and implementation plans;
- Execute projects and assigned tasks, like risk assessments, permit notifications, inspections, auditing and reporting and develop and share best practices;
- Support annual EHS training plans and deliver EHS training by providing training content, train trainers and employees;
- Monitoring and improving EHS compliance within operational departments in cooperation with Compliance Engineers and taking action if required (go to Gemba);
- Advising site management on the safe and environmentally sound operation of all processes, plant and equipment;
- Communicating clearly and consistently complex technical and regulatory information to both senior level site leaders and shop floor colleagues;
- Ensuring operation according to standard operating procedures, guidelines; undertaking immediate actions to resolve issues (Act Now);
- Participating in incident and near miss investigations (root cause investigation), reporting in the Global EHS administrative systems, developing CAPAs where required and tracking actions until completion.
- Evaluating effectiveness of established CAPAs;
- Developing and reporting compliance related KPI's (incl. deviations, incidents / CAPA’s etc.);
- Participating in EHS local, regional and global improvement / implementation projects;
- Connect with EHS program leads and other experts in the global network;
- Maintain and develop professionals technological, administrative and legal expertise by participating in professional networks and attending required training courses.
- Bachelor or master degree in Chemical Engineering or comparable technical discipline relevant for the function;
- Additional education in HVK (Hogere Veiligheidskunde);
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry;
- Willing to certify as an EHS professional;
- Process Safety Management expertise and skills, e.g. leading/participating in HAZOPs/PHAs, LOPAs, executing / reviewing pressure relief device calculations, interpreting dust explosion data, executing and reviewing ATEX assessments, writing Explosion Safety Documents, executing instrumental criticality analysis;
- Knowledge of GMP, ISPE, ISO, and FDA (Lean 6-sigma experience/ belt certificate is preferred);
- Change agent; open for change and passion for Lean and Continuous Improvement;
- Ability to influence and communicate with all levels of the organization (from shop floor to senior management);
- Strong project management skills, managing complex issues;
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to work transparently and with a sense of urgency across various businesses and functions;
- Result oriented, timely deliver on objectives within budgetary limits;
- Compliance driven;
- Team player and customer focused; Strong written and verbal communication skills in Dutch and English;
- Willing to travel as needed;
- Percentage: 100%;
- Assessment could be part of the application procedure.
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
A good place to work
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Environmental Health & Safety, CAPA, Engineer, Law, Lean Six Sigma, Healthcare, Engineering, Management, Legal