- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness;
- this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The EHS Site Lead is responsible for environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs and compliance for the site (approximately 200 employees conducting research activities, utilities/support and administrative activities). Manages EHS programs and influences site leadership to assure regulatory compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and integrate EHS performance objectives into standard work processes.
- Develops strategies to achieve these goals in alignment with site business goals and values.
- Manage activities to ensure site-wide EHS compliance and drive personal ownership and accountability for all employees.
- Coach site leaders to be visible EHS advocates in perspective areas of responsibility.
- Ensure comprehensive change management of all EHS and Site initiatives to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Implement company corporate EHS strategy at the site operations level: evaluate numerous competing initiatives, ensure robust process, systems, and resources are in place for all areas of accountability, complete internal audits and self assessments to monitor program effectiveness.
- Complete all regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements.
- Act as site Biosafety and Radiation Safety Officer.
- Analyze and communicate (site and corporate levels) performance against expectations; provide feedback, establish and track required actions to improve. Lead development and ensure delivery of required EHS training programs.
- Monitor and influence local regulatory climate, negotiate and advocate with EHS agencies and external stakeholders. Develop guidance to site operations on impact of new regulations and how to meet new requirements.
- Communicate clearly and concisely complex technical and regulatory information to both senior level leaders and Scientists at the site.
- Exercise good judgment to discern critical issues and events for escalation to senior level management.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required (concentration in Environmental or Safety related technical discipline preferred.)
Required Experience and Skills:
- 8 years or more of EHS experience.
- Experience in a research and development environment with focus on Biologics
- Strong leadership and change leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of California EHS regulations, company and related divisional activities and their relationship to regulations and company goals/strategies (for internal applicants).
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate with regulatory agencies and senior leaders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience as a Bio safety Officer and/or as a Radiation Safety Officer.
- Experience interacting with senior leadership to set strategy and make decisions for the site.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time