This job is currently Archived,
EEG-based measures of hearing based on deep learning - Belgium
KU Leuven (company)
Posted on : 10 February 2017
- You will conduct your own research project, collaborating with PhD and postdoctoral researchers.
- The required EEG and behavioral data is readily available for analysis, and new data can be collected if required.
- You are responsible for developing and evaluating deep learning methods to the problem on hand.
- Particular challenges will be the noisy nature of EEG data and modeling its temporal structure.
- A PhD on a related topic (machine learning, applied deep learning)
- Preferably at least one publication in an international peer-reviewed journal or high quality conference as the first author
- A strong background in deep learning (and related techniques)
- Some background in (EEG) signal processing
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary team
- An interest in auditory perception
- An inquisitive and creative mind, good problem solving skills
- Excellent English proficiency
- Knowledge of auditory neuroscience and psychology of hearing is a benefit
- Exciting auditory research
- Membership of a world-renowned lab, as part of a motivated interdisciplinary team, with an extensive international network
- Membership of our university, one of the largest research universities of Europe
- The possibility to take part in international conferences and collaborations
- A competitive salary