Early Stage Development Scientist Job - Belgium
The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy. With a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products, MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
MSD is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world’s premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we’re doubling down on this goal. MSD Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take MSD’s leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Right now, we are in the process of assembling our dream team—a group of scientifically diverse individuals inspired to invent in an environment of relentless curiosity and spirited collaboration. The best of the best. Is this you?
Currently we are looking for an
Early Stage Development Scientist (ESD Scientist) in Belgium
Under the general direction of the ESD Scientist Lead, the ESDS is responsible for the scientific elaboration and project management of complex Early Stage clinical trials in Europe. This includes organizing and overseeing all critical aspects of clinical trials set-up (including identification and selection of new sites), conduct and reporting. During the set-up phase the focus will be on scientific discussions, training of clinical sites, assuring compliance with regulatory/ethics committee requirements. During study conduct, tasks will include monitoring of adherence to protocol, program timelines, and evaluating, interpreting and timely reporting of critical safety as well as pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic study data.
Essential job functions may include but are not limited to the following :
• Co-author protocol, IB, informed consent and Clinical Trial Applications from scientific perspective Organize prestudy meeting with investigators, and train the sites for study specific procedures
• Visit the study site frequently and collaborate closely with study staff to ensure pro-active and real-time coordination of optimal study conduct, and review and report on a continuous basis all critical safety and efficacy findings in ongoing studies.
• Supervise and coordinate logistical aspects of studies.
• Discuss study data (clinical safety data / interim PK analyses / PD analyses) and study progress with investigator
• Closely interact with internal departments such as QA, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Supplies, Pharmacokinetics/Pharmacodynamics, Statistics and other areas in Medical Affairs.
• Contribute to scientific publications and presentations at scientific meetings
Education and Experience:
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Life Sciences with current knowledge in clinical trials conduct.
• Practical experience in clinical trial conduct is highly preferred.
• Must be a science driven, autonomous, innovative and team-oriented self-starter with excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
• English, French and Dutch – Fluent.
Your role at MSD is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At MSD, we’re inventing for life.
Application deadline is September 11th. Please apply online.
In case of questions please contact Inge De Lepeleire, Director – Translational Pharmacology Europe, m : +32 (0)475 68 30 62
Job: Clinical Research (Non-M.D.) Job Title:Early Stage Development Scientist
Primary Location: EMEA-Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Scientific, Medical, Law, Scientist, Compliance, Engineering, Healthcare, Legal, Science