E2E Information Management Analyst Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The role of the E2E Information Management Analyst will report directly to the Commercial Information Management Solution Architect and play a key role in shaping solutions in the data integration, master data management and BI and Analytics. The role is part of the Commercial information management team who are responsible for the processing, aggregation, provision and reporting of commercial data subject areas to support key business functions across all commercial operations.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
- Support Solution architect in projects to define the solution for the project , delivery scope and creation of necessary architectural deliverables
- Learn CIM platform solution design standards. Ensure solution and detailed design is robust across all components of the solution and any gaps are highlighted and addressed
- Collaborate with global IT and commercial business units to complete functional and technical requirements and associated interface design mappings to meet the scope of the business requirements in a timely manner
- Learn pharmaceutical business and data concepts. Support the analysis of the required data sets for the project solution
- Learn data modelling concepts and ensure the definition of the data model designs meet the Business requirements
- Carry out the necessary quality assurance activities on the appropriate deliverables during design, build and test to ensure high quality delivery
- Creation/update of documentation to support existing capabilities, data cataloguing, data dictionary and other deliverables to support use of the solution and ongoing knowledge sharing on the CIM platform and data warehouse
- Support the technical analyst and vendor teams in understanding the solution design, business and functional requirements and ensuring overall delivery is of high quality (eg.
- Technical design reviews, code reviews, technical framework reviews e.g. error handling)
- Support overall delivery of projects from end to end perspective by resolving design issues and questions during the delivery lifecycle
- Support of SIT, E2E and UAT testing to ensure successful delivery of Commercial
- Information Management projects – defect reviews, technical and deployment testing etc.
- Understanding of the use of Application Programme Interface (APIs) to data ingestion and data provision to align to the global GHH IT API strategy
- Contributes as part of a cross-functional team to the delivery of product releases against a prioritised set of requirements.
- Drive continuous improvements of the Data Warehousing technology platform and use of the right technologies to support Business needs
- Drive for personal development to understand all components of the E2E delivery across multiple teams to ensure proposed solution will meet Business needs
- Become fully conversant with MSD systems development life cycle methodology and understand Business processes and concepts, regulatory and compliance needs relevant to data management in the Pharma industry
- Actively collaborate and share knowledge across MSDIT
- Bachelors Degree. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, Business Management
- Masters Preferred
A minimum of 1 (one) year of experience in a commercial ( sales/marketing/ digital) or healthcare environment.
- Motivated team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive attitude to delivery and willingness to provide support across the delivery team in all stages of the delivery lifecycle
- Ability to self-learn and develop business and technical knowledge quickly and apply these to business problems
- Ability and desire to grow into a technical leader within the team
- Basic knowledge of SQL with the ability to write queries to support data analysis
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata or equivalent DBMS
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with ETL tools and processes. Basic knowledge of how these tools interact with databases
- Basic knowledge of database structures and concepts with a willingness to learn advanced data modelling and data warehousing techniques. Genuine interest in the value of Commercial data analytics
- Basic familiarity with end to end system process flows, specifically in the creation of functional/technical and non-functional requirements and integration design
- Strong analytical thinker with problem solving skills and a basic understanding of data integration and warehousing tools and processes
- Highly detail oriented and able to function in a high-paced, multi-project team environment
- Experience of working both independently and collaboratively within a geographically disbursed environment
- Knowledge of cloud based technologies and data warehouse approach and principles
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Information Technology Architecture
Job Title:Assoc. Spclst, IT Architecture
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Manager, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Law, Warehouse, Management, Science, Sales, Legal, Manufacturing