Responsible for initiating, directing, and executing scientific research and/or development strategies for the company. Investigates the feasibility of applying scientific principles and concepts to potential
inventions, products, laboratory services, and problems. Plans and executes laboratory research. Interprets scientific data and makes independent decisions on the accuracy and applicability of the results. May serve as an in-house consultant and advise management on scientific decisions
- Uses professional concepts and relationships to contribute to the development and completion of company goals and objectives in creative and effective ways.
- Interacts with R&D scientist to facilitate technology transfer into Diagnostics.
- May serve as a technical representative, core team or extended team member during the product development process.
- Independently design, write and perform validations and transfer process modifications to Manufacturing.
- Maintains a laboratory notebook and writes technical reports.
- Modifies Manufacturing Specifications as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots technical issues concerning internal and external customers with a high degree of focused urgency.
- May be responsible for training technicians in technical support and other departments as necessary.
- Maintain broad knowledge of state-of-the-art principles.
- Interfaces with various departments.
- Responsible for performing assigned tasks in accordance with applicable safety regulations and instructions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications Experience Personal Strengths Mobility
Requires a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. in a scientific discipline or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years experience for a Bachelor’s level, 3 years experience at the Master’s level, and 0 years experience at the Ph.D. level in a research, technical support, and/or development environment. Post-doctoral work may serve as experience.
Excellent report-writing skills to be able to relay results to a broad audience.
Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment across multiple disciplines in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Demonstrates success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought. Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts. Demonstrates sustained performance and accomplishment.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other personnel.
- Demonstrates success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
- Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret pertinent scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common and scientific inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to prepare presentations and manuscripts effectively to present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Equipment operating systems as needed.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
As per local and Company requirements for DiaSorin Molecular LLC.
A competitive compensation package including Medical, Dental, Life, STD, LTD, Up to 6% match of 401(k) or Roth 201(k) Retirement plan.
Others Information as per Local Legal Requirements
Must be 18 years of age, legally authorized to work in the US; and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g, TN, H1B status) now or in the near future.
It is the policy of DiaSorin to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, DiaSorin will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Our company uses E-verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
DiaSorin is an EEO/AA employer.
EEO is the Law | http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf