Drug Product Technician, Downstream Processing Job - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
MSD in Switzerland is recruiting a Drug Product Technician to join our biological drug product development and manufacturing site MSD Werthenstein BioPharma located in the Greater Lucerne area. MSD Werthenstein BioPharma employs a diverse group of highly skilled scientists, engineers, technicians and process specialists from more than 15 nations and provides an important contribution to MSD’s endeavor to bring new innovative medicines to patients as fast as possible, while applying highest quality standards to all activities.
You will be an active part of the newly established Drug Product and Downstream Technology group in our state-of-the-art biotechnology facility and significantly contribute to the of a new integrated manufacturing process from vial thaw to secondary packaging.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Running of Equipment during Manufacturing: Component Preparation, Sterile Vial Filling, and Material Management
- Performing the 100% visual inspection of filled vials
- Maintain Equipment GMP Status: Routine Monitoring, Calibration, Maintenance, Certifications of equipment
- Reviewing and completing Batch documentation to support production activities
- Reviewing / Updating of Area SOPs
- Execute Process Simulation and support for Process Simulations and Investigations
- Supports coordination of daily work schedules and effectively organizes with respective support groups
- Inventory and Order Management
- 1+ years’ experience with Bachelor degree in Pharmacy or Process engineering.
- 3 + years’ experience Laborant/in EFZ – Galenik/ Biologie/ Mikrobiologie
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 1 year of work experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Familiarity with Biotech GMP Manufacturing processes and working within an Aseptic Environment
- Good communication skills in English (verbal and written); additional German language skills are beneficial
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- At least 3 years of work experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry (sterile manufacturing of pharmaceutical or biological components/finished products)
- Demonstrated Microbiological knowledge and practical experience
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: Bio Process-Purif/Recovery Job Title:Scientist, Bio Process
Primary Location: EMEA-Switzerland-LU-Schachen
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
External Job Board Posting: Switzerland - Jobs.ch
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Microbiology, Biotech, Technician, Pharmaceutical, Product Development, Science, Technology, Research