Downstream Processing Technician Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Operation of assigned Filling and Freeze Drying of Finished Product and diluents in careful compliance with established operating procedures.
This position will perform the following
- Operates fill machines, capping machines, freeze dryers, autoclave, dry heat oven, in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ensures quality product by knowing and maintaining company and Departmental standards and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and performs adjustments of equipment as required.
- Responsible for setting up of Freeze dryer operation as required by the production schedule.
- Ensure all assigned equipment and components are staged for assigned operation.
- Performs machine change over's as required by the production schedule.
- Maintaining documentation and other duties as assigned
- Perfroms other hybrid duties within the downstream process team as designated by shift leader or supervisor which may include, but is not limited to: automated packaging, cleaning/steaming of stainless steel blending vessels and inventory control.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- This is a 3rd shift position daily hours are 2230 – 700. Shift Starts Sunday at 2230 and ends on Friday 0700. This is a Monday - Friday position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment.
- Working knowledge of mechanics and ability to troubleshoot line equipment required.
- General knowledge of reading, mathematics, using both U.S. customary and metric systems and computer skills is required.
- Two years relevant manufacturing experience and a basic understanding of electromechanical systems, manufacturing procedures, techniques and equipment
- Strong attention to detail and documentation skills are required
- Ability to communicate and work in cooperation with other employees in the manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of cGMP and inventory control concepts strongly preferred.
- An understanding of aseptic techniques and procedures preferred.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Manuf./Operations Generic
Job Title:Tech, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Technician, Maintenance, 3rd Shift, Animal Health, Technology, Manufacturing, Night, Veterinary