This job is currently Archived,
Doctoral Student - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 15 April 2017
- The Interculturalism, Migration and Minorities Research Center (IMMRC) at our university seeks to appoint a 4 year doctoral researcher for a research project.
- This research project will be conducted in the framework of the BELSPO funded project FAR (Folk, Authorities and Radicalism) which runs from 2017-2021
- The section of the project consists of an anthropologically oriented examination of the Belgian de-radicalization project, with a particular attention to their local implementation by civil servants, social workers and teachers.
- The researcher is expected to work in conjunction with the other researchers affiliated to the consortium and to conduct focus groups and a cartography of the existing initiatives at a Belgian level. On the basis of her/his research, the successful candidate is expected to complete a PhD research, participate in a number of (inter)national conferences and publish in academic peer reviewed journals.
- The successful researcher will hold a Master in Social and Cultural Anthropology, Sociology, Migration Studies or Criminology with strong affinities with ethnographic and qualitative methods.
- A clear familiarity with the field of political anthropology, critical security studies and ethnic and racial studies is a plus.
- A good mastering of Dutch AND French is mandatory for a successful completion of this project.
- Due to the relatively dense timing, we cannot accept candidates who need to master either of these two languages.
- The successful candidate will receive a contract for the duration of the project and the necessary equipment to conduct her/his research.
- The researcher will take an active part in the consortium of the project and work in close collaboration with researchers at ULB and NICC.