This job is currently Archived,
DMPK Senior Technician Saffron Walden United Kingdom,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 07 April 2017
- We are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people s lives.
- Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of our families, friends and colleagues across the globe.
- Our collective efforts are the key to our success, and we know that every job and every person is important.
- Every day, each of us strives to make a difference in whatever way we can
- A challenging and exciting opportunity has arisen within the Discovery DMPK (Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics) Department for a Senior Technician at our modern premises near Cambridge, UK. You will be joining a DMPK team that is exceptionally smart, talented, fun and driven, working in a supportive and collaborative environment, where ideas are encouraged.
- The position is predominantly a lab based role and the job purpose is to help ensure the effective and efficient running of the DMPK laboratories.
- Work with scientific staff to ensure smooth running of laboratory
- Perform routine cell maintenance for the cell lines used within the department for in vitro screening (Caco-2, MDCK)
- Performing housekeeping duties, such as waste disposal, to help keep laboratories in a safe condition
- Perform routine experiments under guidance from Line Manager
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of laboratory efficiency projects
- Prepare lab reagents and solvents
- Assist with the maintenance of laboratory stock levels
- Experience with management of laboratory activities would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given
- Scientific A levels or relevant further education
- Good practical skills and a quick learner, i.e. an ability to absorb and apply new information quickly
- Good communication skills, e.g. ability to communicate problems in a timely and professional manner
- Good at routine precise work with excellent attention to detail and accurate working
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable
- Confident to work independently and as part of a team. Able to build relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Willingness to be flexible, adapt to changing circumstances and help with a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment
The Ideal Candidate
- We offer a range of benefits that will make your time with us enjoyable and beneficial to a developing career.
- If you are enthusiastic about drug discovery and making a difference we are keen to hear from you.
- Our company is deeply committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees.
- Discovery from our company helps you take the right steps, at the right time, to reach each milestone on your journey through drug development.
- Discovering new therapeutics can be a challenging yet rewarding journey. Discovery from our company lives the preclinical journey every day.
- When applying our state-of-the-art technology and expert scientific perspectives, our partners and collaborators will know the right steps to take at the right time to optimize preclinical ideas into strong clinical candidates. Discovery from our company is adept in helping our partners reach their milestones faster and more efficiently
Saffron Walden United Kingdom
Find a Job Find Candidates