DMAC core facility manager - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Multi-Assay Core (DMAC), which is part of the Department of Biotechnology and Bio-medicine , Technical University of Denmark, is seeking an AC-Tap to head the core facility.
- The AC-Tap will be running the core facility Multi-Assay Core (DMAC) in close collaboration with the management.
- The candidate will be managing cutting-edge projects around DNA/RNA sequencing in a multi-disciplinary environment with researchers from internal and external collaborators.
- The core facility manager will provide technical consultation and advice within the core facility as well as to students / researchers at all stages in the life cycle of projects, from feasibility to post-data troubleshooting and improvement.
Candidates must possess the following skills and be able to fulfil the following duties:
- Run a core facility in a cost effective and self sustainable manner
- Project management
- Bridge research end goals, technological aspects, legal considerations, and cost constraints
- Business intelligence in available services and technologies for biological and medical research
- Research (consultancy on existing projects and/or independent research)
- Other responsibilities will involve the evaluation of novel technologies, equipment, and protocols, and the development of innovative approaches
- Service orientated towards internal and external costumers
Our expectations of you
- Candidates should have a PhD or equivalent, followed by a few years of experience in leading a core facility for next generation sequencing with expertise in metagenomic, transcriptomic and genomic as well as human genome sequencing.
- Organizational, managerial, leadership and interpersonal skills are of particular importance.
- The ideal applicant must have a strong motivation and excellent work ethics.
What we offer in return
- In recent years, our company has been working concertedly to professionalize management.
- The Leadership Role is based on four cornerstones: academic management, resource management, Performance-enhancing HR management and strategic management. Moreover, self-management and company’s values constitute the central parameters for these four disciplines.
Salary and terms of employment
- The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations.
- The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.