- Our company is a world leader in developing products and services that enhance animal health, wellness and performance.
- Our products contribute to the production of an affordable and abundant supply of food.
- Our half-century of innovative products, services and global partnerships help to fulfill our vision of food and companionship enriching life.
- Within the Canadian Companion Animal business unit of our company, this role serves as the first line manager of Sales Representatives within an assigned geography and is responsible for the recognition, growth and development of the sales team while demonstrating and coaching the company values and behaviors.
- This manager will be responsible for leading and motivating Representatives to accomplish the sales and planned objectives of the District.
- This role provides tactical territory/market input and plays a critical role in the overall planning and execution of business strategy of the Companion Animal Business Unit.
- Recruits, interviews, selects and on-boards a team of representatives to represent company’s companion animal products and direct the effort of our channel partners.
- Manages sales team development and career/succession planning.
- Plans, directs and coordinates sales team activities (training, regional meetings, NSM’s, field coaching days) and support marketing-driven meetings.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales objective across all product categories.
- Ensures strategic/successful introduction of new products by sales team.
- Develops and executes district business plan and analyzes and evaluates reporting metrics and business reports to ensure the placement and utilization of resources for maximum business results
- Analyze and be an expert in the companion animal industry.
- Understands the key trends, opportunities and threats and incorporates this knowledge into the business plan.
- Works with marketing and sales to enhance key partnership programs; implements marketing plans through the representatives to key veterinary hospitals and across all of the channel partners.
- Communicates territory/market activity to Companion Animal Director
- Engages and interacts with Global and US/Canada hub colleagues to improve his or her business acumen.
- Key member and participant in sales and marketing strategy and involved in the creation of tactics for the companion animal business unit.
- Manages district expense budget
- Manages team performance metrics and performance evaluations
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in veterinary pharmaceutical sales or sales training experience in the veterinary industry.
- Strong coaching and leadership skills established through team management.
- In-depth knowledge of the Animal Health Market
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to make decisions within the context of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strategic thinking, Strong Planning and Execution Skills
- Strong analytical background
- Experience with performance management, succession planning and channel partner development.
- Advanced degree in business or work experience as sales trainer are both positives attributes.
- Reports to the Companion Animal Director5-6 direct reports
- District Sales Manager West – must live within western Canada