District Sales Manager - Germany
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The District Sales Manager provides leadership and direction to Account Manager (AM) in an assigned geography in order to enable them to achieve and exceed sales objectives.
- He’s responsible for the execution of the Sales and Marketing strategy of the company in accordance with local law, country strategy and company regulations.
- The role is accountable to create a work culture that motivates individuals to do their best, despite operating in a challenging environment.
- Develop a successful team of AMs in the territory and coaches to success. Ensure strong collaboration between employees in the same territory.
- Achieving regional sales goals
- Establishes sales goals and strategies for each territory, in partnership with senior sales leadership
- Participates in implementation and development of national sales strategy and definition of Key Performance Indicators
- Manages region and territory alignments
- Supervises ABM management of territory budgets
- Ensure flawless execution of brand strategies and tactics and analyses the activities and outcomes.
- Ensure a permanent market and competitor observation and give information and tactics to Management, Marketing and Decision Support.
- Support service of defined KOLs
- Leadership: Developing staff and assembling effective teams
- Leverages team members’ strengths and identifies areas for development
- Provides coaching feedback and advice that is separate from tactical support
- Prepares and presents effective performance reviews including individual goal settings, midyear reviews and annual performance appraisals
- Identifies and retains top talents
- Identifies high potential candidates through structured selection process in collaboration with HR
- Set up performance improvement plans with HR
- Develops and nurtures a team-oriented culture
- Lead a team of ABMs by inspiring, motivating the team
- Develop, generate, compile and forward relevant and requested reports.
- Preparation and execution of business reviews for the relevant district.
- Support Managers in preparation of Business Reviews.
- Responsible for district budget, including budget planning and the allocation of resources.
- Ensure timely and correct documentation in the relevant tools.
- Managing regional communications and ensuring cross-functional alignment
- Acts as a liaison between team and internal/external business partners; Strong partnership with Medical and Marketing department in
- developing and executing the commercial strategy.
- Guides implementation of company plans and programs (e.g., Marketing)
- Secures resources from other internal departments on behalf of ABMs
- Ensures the field are made in a way that meets all relevant compliance and legal requirements
- ABM efforts in Escalates issues that cannot be resolved within territory through proper channels
- Recognition, documentation and reporting of adverse events and technical product complaints to Drug Safety Germany or the responsible service center according to local SOPs.
- Industry knowledge
- Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Acts as a trainer for the team and seeks for development of the team in these areas.
- a minimum of at least 7 years of relevant pharmaceutical/health care sales experience
- Proven and sustained track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
- a minimum of 3 years of prior sales management experience (if external) or demonstrated leadership potential
- Experience and knowledge of Bio-similar and/ or Biological market is highly preferred
- Cross-functional experience in other commercial areas preferred
- Fließend Deutsch und English
- Professional certification (as mandated by geography)
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred, preferably in the sciences
- Advanced degree in business or science is desirable
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Sales Management, Biotech, District Manager, Regional Manager, Sales, Science, Management