- Our company is one of the world’s largest independent biotechnology companies, with a global turnover in excess of $22 billion and over 19,000 employees globally.
- For more than 30 years, our company has pioneered biotechnology breakthroughs, to bring state-of-the-art medicines from laboratory to the patient.
- Our company has not only discovered and developed innovative human therapeutics, but has invested in cutting edge manufacturing capability and support services to deliver these exciting therapies to medical teams around the world.
Responsibility and accountability for achieving defined revenue and share targets for General Medicine Business in Ireland by driving sales activity and providing direct and indirect leadership of the company sales team.
- Develops strategic customer and market insights and an understanding of the General Medicine Business brand plans in order to determine the most effective plan to meet affiliate goals.
- Conducts a detailed analysis and assessment of the Key Accounts to ensure clinical demand is generated through an understanding of the local issues and health priorities.
- Maps key clinical opinion leaders and other stakeholders and understand the political and relationship issues within the wider Healthcare Economy.
- Conducts an analysis of our company and brand strategy to ensure plans are aligned and prioritized.
- Leads the segmentation process of accounts/customer groups and understands each account’s significance in the short and long term national success.
Sales Force Performance / Execution of National Strategy
- Manages the process of building territory account plans in line with National goals and priorities
- Monitors, evaluates and acts on field force metrics and Hospital Specialist Representative standards to maximize sales force effectiveness from a quantitative and qualitative perspective
- Ensures all activities agreed within the plan are implemented to completion within time, cost, compliance and quality constraints.
- Monitors progress against the plan through metrics and management information and adherence to reporting requirements.
- Maintains effective collaboration with Marketing, Medical and other cross-functional teams to ensure alignment, progress updates and knowledge share
- Plans, organizes and implements activities that promote and optimise team and individual performance, development and engagement
- Plans, organizes and implements activities that ensure clarity, direction and motivation of the team in accordance with the company Standards for Leading Teams and company leadership attributes
- Ensure team are trained and adhere to relevant company and IPHA compliance standards and procedures.
- Leads team in the spirit of and by example with company culture and values
- Develops a culture of coaching and a high visibility of in field training
- Builds a personal target list of influential opinion leaders who need to be seen in line with corporate objectives
- Demonstrates strong disease area and product knowledge
- Commercial (Bio Pharma) experience
- Strong track record in related roles such as secondary care sales representative
- In depth knowledge of Irish secondary and primary care environment & market
- Knowledge of legal and compliance environment (IPHA)
- Graduate in healthcare or business discipline
- Must possess a full drivers licence
- Experience of working in Cardiovascular Field
- In depth knowledge of Biotech industry
- Previous experience in marketing will be an advantage
- Post graduate qualification