This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 23 May 2017
- Are you passionate about selling, but want to make a difference to people s lives?
- Our company is a solutions company treating not just diseases but individual people, enabling them to lead a fuller life.
- Our patients inspire us to think laterally and generate exciting new ideas that can transform their future, and we need people with passion to deliver the resulting solutions to the market. Currently we re looking for someone quite special a sales-focused individual with empathy, who can develop a real understanding of our patient s needs.
- Primary responsibility will be implementing all phases of Sales and Marketing objectives.
- To develop and implement business strategies that maximizes exposure, financial impact and opportunities for our company products.
- District Managers have direct responsibility to lead and manage a District of Sales Representatives who will present our Immunology products to an audience of medical professionals specializing in the areas of Gastroenterology, Rheumatology and other chronic inflammatory disorders. They will be required to demonstrate an excellence in applying business processes that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives.
- Apply leadership and management skills when working with sales representatives to achieve desired results
- Regional staffing responsibilities including recruiting, training, and development of sales representatives
- Manage in matrix environment encompassing Medical Affairs, Medical Information, Reimbursement Managers, Managed Markets Account Executives, Distribution Managers etc.
- Ensure full and complete compliance of all selling activities within the area of responsibility to the standards of all State and Federal regulations
- Assist in the development and execution of field Incentive Compensation Plan
- Deliver timely and equitable execution of performance appraisals and salary review process
- Align performance for success by focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives and creating a learning environment
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; track and evaluate performance goals
- Consistently maintain high levels of activity and productivity
- Consistently take prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals requirements
- Identify opportunities and take action to building strategic working relationships
- Analyze data including business statistics and customer feedback that provides an information framework for the development of regional business plans
- Assist in the development and implementation of product launch plans
- Develop and implement district business plans
- Attain sales objectives for assigned products on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Develop an extensive understanding of the customer s organization in order to assess their needs and develop plans and programs to meet both the needs of the customer and company Immunology business unit
- Establish productive business relationships with key local, regional and national KOLs within the geographical coverage area and assigned therapeutic areas
- Provide strategic input to Marketing personnel for development and continued evolution of the marketing plan
- Manage to operational excellence within assigned operational budgets
- Identify emerging policies and trends that may effect company Immunology products
- Coach sales representatives on utilizing a consultative matrix selling approach; will be a highly technical, solution-oriented selling technique enabling the representative to meet the needs of healthcare professionals who treat chronic inflammatory disorders
- Participate in conventions, meetings, and support groups relating to therapeutic area
- Overnight travel within the assigned district to work with sales professionals on a routine basis, attend meetings on a local and national basis and training sessions is required
- Bachelor s degree in life science, business, or healthcare
- MBA preferred
- 5 years of pharmaceutical sales experience.
- 3 years of injectable biologics/ oncology sales experience selling a product that is delivered in a doctor s office and reimbursed through the medical benefit reimbursement channel
- Minimum of 1 year District Management experience in the pharmaceutical industry (equivalent corporate based marketing, training, or managed markets experience as well as participation in a management development program may be substituted)
- Demonstrated ability to interact with high level key opinion leaders (KOL)
- Ability to analyze complex technical data and to develop sound business plans
- Demonstrated excellence in building and developing high performing teams
- Experience in budget management
Specific skills & other requirements
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sales results
- Strong communication skills written and verbal; clearly conveying information and ideas in a manner that engages audience and helps them understand and retain messages
- Effective presentation skills
- Advanced computer skills MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to coach, delegate, and motivate a team by providing them timely feedback and guidance to help strengthen specific knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities (through recommendation letters or performance appraisals)
- Ability to provide strategic direction by establishing methods for accomplishing major new directives
- Thorough knowledge of negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strength in business planning and tactical plan development and execution
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and flexibility to meet customer demands
- Show a meets expectations on two most recent performance appraisals
- Demonstrated impact and influence on others by creating a professional and polished image of self and our company.
- Ability to build trust and integrity among team by maintaining and promoting social, ethical, and organizational norms in conducting internal and external business activities
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company.
- We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system or the central nervous system.
- With more than 8500 people in approximately 40 countries, our company offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a can-do attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things &these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at our company.
- Our company and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Segment: Gastroenterology, Immunology, Medical, Oncology, District Manager, Healthcare, Management
Seattle United States
Find a Job Find Candidates