This job is currently Archived,
District Manager, Patient Services Nurse - United States
Posted on : 28 May 2017
- Everyone who works at our company holds the same ambition – to transform the lives of people living with severe diseases.
- Of course we have other associated ambitions too - including a desire to support each other in attaining all of our own personal and professional goals.
- That’s why we ensure every colleague has the tools and environment to engage effectively in the work we do.
- Wherever in the world we’re based, and whatever role we play, we believe each of us can have an impact across our organization.
- At our company our sense of purpose is to help people suffering from severe central nervous system or immunological disorders lead normal, everyday lives.
- We are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenge and change. We are small enough for each member of our team to feel that their contribution counts and large enough to ensure that our combined efforts have an impact where it really matters.
- We are looking for talented and enthusiastic professionals that welcome a challenge and who have a passion for improving the lives of patients.
- With a team of over 8,500 talented employees, over € 3.2 billion in revenue and a strong market presence in more than 40 countries, we are nimble enough for each member of our team to feel that their contribution counts, but have enough scale to ensure that our combined efforts can have a profound impact on patients around the globe.
- The National Patient Services Nurse District Manager has primary responsibility for implementing all phases of Sales and Marketing objectives for the Patient Services Nurse (PSN) team, including developing and implementing business strategies that maximize exposure and opportunities for company products.
- PSN Managers have direct responsibility to lead and manage a disease specific national team of Patient Services Nurses who are accountable for presenting our company Immunology products to an audience of medical and allied health professionals specializing in the areas of Gastroenterology, Rheumatology and other chronic inflammatory disorders.
- They will be required to demonstrate excellence in applying clinical and business processes that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives.
- The National Patient Services Nurse Manager is responsible for being the primary contact for Patient Services Nurses.
- Additional responsibilities include supporting customer and project objectives through the assignment of targeted accounts in conjunction with the district manager, team building, coaching, training, motivating and managing.
- Ensures PSN budgets are controlled and that standards and performance meet or exceed objectives.
- Develops overall strategy for PSNs in collaboration with the iPVU and aligned to patient impact model.
- Leads the PSN team to in execution of the patient treatment plan.
- Develops and ensures consistency of training programs and professional development for all PSNs
- Apply leadership and management skills when working with Patient Services Nurses (PSN) to achieve desired sales growth results
- Regional staffing responsibilities including recruiting, training, and development of PSNs
- Manage in matrix environment encompassing Clinical Account Executives, District Managers, Medical Affairs, Medical Information, Reimbursement Managers, Managed Markets Account Executives, and Distribution Managers etc.
- Ensure full and complete compliance of all selling activities within the area of responsibility to the standards of all State and Federal regulations
- Assist in the development and execution of PSN Incentive Compensation Plan
- Deliver timely and equitable execution of performance appraisals in conjunction with District Managers and salary review process
- Align performance for success by focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives and creating a learning environment
- Analyze data including business statistics and customer feedback that provides an information framework for the development of national PSN business plans
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic national business plans; monitor implementation and execution of plans
- Develop an extensive understanding of the customer’s organization in order to assess their needs and develop plans and programs to meet both the needs of the customer and company Immunology Patient Value Unit (iPVU)
- Establish productive business relationships with key local, regional and national KOLs within the geographical coverage area and assigned therapeutic areas
- Provide strategic input to Marketing personnel for development and continued evolution of the marketing plan
- Coach PSNs on utilizing a consultative matrix selling approach; will be a highly technical, solution-oriented selling technique enabling the PSN to meet the needs of healthcare prescribers and allied health professionals who treat chronic inflammatory disorders
- Participate in conventions, meetings, and support groups relating to therapeutic area
- Overnight travel to work with PSNs and District Managers on a routine basis, attend meetings on a local and national basis and training sessions is required
- Bachelor’s degree in life science, business, or healthcare
- Registered Nurse licensure in good standing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas: Pharmaceutical Industry, Healthcare i.e. Managed Care Organizations with progressive experience in disease management
- 3 years of injectable biologics/ oncology sales experience selling a product that is delivered in a doctor’s office and reimbursed through the medical benefit reimbursement channel
- Prefer minimum of 3 years District Management experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry (equivalent corporate based marketing, training, or managed markets experience as well as participation in a management development program may be substituted)
- Demonstrated ability to interact with high level key opinion leaders (KOL)
- Ability to analyze complex technical data and to develop sound business plans
- Demonstrated excellence in building and developing high performing teams
- Experience in budget management
Specific skills & other requirements
- Demonstrated ability to deliver sales results
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal; clearly conveying information and ideas in a manner that engages audience and helps them understand and retain messages
- Effective presentation skills
- Advanced computer skills – MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to coach, delegate, and motivate a team by providing them timely feedback and guidance to help strengthen specific knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities (through recommendation letters or performance appraisals)
- Ability to provide strategic direction by establishing methods for accomplishing major new directives
- Demonstrated strength in business planning and tactical plan development and execution
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and flexibility to meet customer demands
- Demonstrated impact and influence on others by creating a professional and polished image of self and company.
- Ability to build trust and integrity among team by maintaining and promoting social, ethical, and organizational norms in conducting internal and external business activities
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company.
- We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
- With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, our company offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at our company.
- Our company and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Job Segment: Gastroenterology, Immunology, Medical, Oncology, District Manager, Healthcare, Management