Distribution Requirements Specialist - Hong Kong
- Serve as the point of contact to work with (issue resolution, procedures, SAP expertise, order adjustments) BU SCs and CS related to ensuring the efficient movement of material in support of minimum inventories and specified Customer Service Levels
- Monitor the appropriate metrics, conduct root cause analyses, and take appropriate corrective actions to address interregional logistics issues
- Effectively interact with various functions - operations, sales, customer service, corporate logistics, business supply chain, external warehouse contractors, and service providers (Freight Forwarders, 3and 4PLs, carriers, etc..) to assist in resolution of issues related to shipping or port upsets, carrier and freight forwarder performance issues, order placement/paperwork issues, transportation asset availability issues, etc.
- Communicate impacts of multi-regional demand surges creating short term Logistics capacity/supply limitations, backlog management, and order prioritization
- Verify date for customer delivery based on lead times and production status and communicates to Customer Service
- Maintains integrated relationship with Broker, Freight Forwarder and Customs and communicates any information required to prepare paperwork, etc.
- Interact with corporate customs and international trade group to coordinate import license needs and provide required documentation
- Interact with Distribution Requirements Planner for short term shipment plan changes and impact on plan
- Execute processes and manage/review/cross-check documentation required for product delivery and product transfers including import/export activities and customs clearance.
- Follow product through transportation and into warehouse when released in customs, with appropriate SAP entries and monitor receipt of goods based on requests from CSRs/sales team or supply chain to identify estimated receipt dates of shipments
- Serve as contact point for contract warehouse operations to escalate issues associated with warehouse performance to resolve short term exceptions and coordinate with Logistics Specialist to perform Root Cause Corrective Action analysis
- Book space for containers with Freight Forwarders
- Serve as the liaison between the CSRs and the Master Scheduler/Asset Scheduler to determine material availability issues for fulfilling demand
- Receive distribution plan from Distribution Requirements Planner and enters STO in accordance with the distribution plan within the defined lead times required.
- Participate and follow up on actions based on exceptions discussed and decisions made from Decision Centers and/or coordinate response to short term actions to update the plan with appropriate business and customer service resources, updates STOs based on agreed to decision rights or with consultation with DRP.
- 3-4 years experience in customer service, supply chain, logistics, production planning role, SAP competency role or equivalent
- Order Fulfillment representative in Decision Center/Business Execution process
- Modifications to DRP and SKU stocking levels within agreed to decision rights
- Respond to alerts and escalate as necessary
- Shipment consolidation
- Root Cause Corrective Action development and execution
- Resolution and follow-up of non-conformances
- Timely shipments compliant with Export Control Laws & evolving Regulatory/Country/Carrier requirements
- Accurate documentation
- SHE, Duty and Tax Regulations (Distribution (DOT, IATA/IMDG) and REACH)
- Export Control/Tier 4
- Green Belt certified (required) BB certified preferred
- APICS CPIM Certification (Modules 1 and 2 within first six months)
- SAP – APO – BW (or equivalent)
- Tax and Tariff
- BS Degree or Equivalent experience