Distribution Operations Leader - United States
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its 125-year legacy. Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.This job will be based at a 3PL high volume order fulfillment center.
- While the operation is managed by the 3PL, this position will represent company and work hand-in-hand with the 3PL management to run the operations, raise the standard, lead continuous improvement efforts and serve as the link to the company.
- As the company lead, partnering with a 3PL you will have the opportunity to lead a very large Pharma Distribution Operation (inbound, outbound, warehouse operations). While, the is primarily based for 1st shift, depending on the operational needs, there may be a need to drive continuous improvement efforts in other shifts and help problem solve situations.
- This role will require subject matter expertise in Distribution& warehouse operations, including systems and operations expertise.
- Strong Operational knowledge and LEAN or Six Sigma expertise is highly desired.
- Mentoring and coaching the 3PL with a common set of goals towards achieving operational efficiency is critical.
Additional aspects of the role:
- Help ensure a safe work environment meeting OSHA standards. Work with the 3PL to identify gaps and develop remediation plans
- Serve as the company leader and take full accountability for Operational, Safety and Compliance goals for the 3PL
- Constantly review data proactively, reports to monitor trends and drive continuous improvement efforts to address gaps
- Strong LEAN/ Six Sigma skills to improve processes and drive takt time improvements through LEAN methodologies
- Communicate daily, weekly performance and monthly KPIs for the overall performance of the 3PLs
- Ability to create KPIs for each aspect of the Operation, including labor utilization, meeting increased demand etc
- Drive standard work and continue improving on shop floor standards
- Serve as the company contact for Quality & Safety Compliance and take pride in driving a safe and compliant culture.
- Ability to partner with the 3PL to address Quality
Safety issues with a high sense of urgency
- Previous experience in handling Pharmaceutical and/or Cold Chain products is a heavy plus
- Ability to partner 3PL to generate meaningful reports and improve IT systems & interfaces with company systems is required
- Serve as liaison with company customer teams
Additional Job requirements
- Employee may require to stand, walk, sit, stoop, and bend and lift weight up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to use PPE as needed for the operation
- Standing for extended periods of time
Bachelors degree in any Engineering, Business or Science disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment.
- Pharma / Regulated or cold chain experience desired
- At least 3 years of running large Regional Distribution centers
- Experience with hourly workforce.
- LEAN or Six Sigma certification and experience
- Great communication skills
- Experience with SAP & other warehouse management systems- enough acumen to dictate system changes as needed
- Highly motivated and data driven. Ability to trend information and solve problems proactively
- Experience with shop floor process design
- Good EQ to handle stakeholders at different levels
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time