This job is currently Archived,
Distribution Manager I - United States
Posted on : 01 May 2017
What you'll be doing:
What you'll be doing:
- Manage material flow, storage, global order fulfillment and export order entry/inventory transfers of Finished Goods and Global Spare Parts inventories.
- Ensures inventory balances are accurately managed and reported in both the ERP and WMS systems (SAP) including cycle counting.
- Proactively respond to internal and external global customer expectations including identifying supply chain improvement opportunities.
- Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining long and short term results.
- Lead multi-group and/or divisional strategic initiatives and projects, oversee and monitor distribution business performance, identify and pursue global cost reduction/continuous improvement programs.
- Monitor and report department performance data to identify, avoid or mitigate potential risks and ensure success against organizational objectives.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets and expenses.
- Manage key service providers and ensure supply chain costs are accurate and competitive.
- Prepare, maintain, improve and evaluate Key Management Indicator goals/performance metrics for Distribution operations (Customer Service, Quality, Financial and Safety).
- Evaluate/reconfigure system functionality and effectiveness to support customer/operational goals.
- Ensure compliance to all Distribution operations related to regulations, procedures and policies: ISO, SOX, USDA, Pharma (FDA), DOT, IATA/ICAO, IMDG, Bureau of Industry and Security, US Customs and customer audits.
- Prepare and lead warehouse improvement plans to advance operational efficiencies.
- Coordinate and lead Quarterly Business Reviews with Senior Management and key Service Providers.
- Negotiate and manage key suppliers and services for Distribution operations.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Master’s degree or equivalent a plus.
- 8+ years of increasingly responsible managerial level experience managing Distribution for a multinational/international organization, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Distribution/logistics/warehousing management; preferably managing a unionized workforce and within a regulated, cold chain industry (life science/clinical diagnostics).
- Advanced skills in ERP/WMS (SAP) distribution/logistics systems and tools.
- Expertise in logistics management and global distribution operations.
- Solid logistics vendor management and negotiations skills.
- Thorough understanding of OSHA and hazardous/dangerous goods regulations and practices (DOT, IATA/ICAO and IMDG).
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project/program management capabilities.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma practices to drive towards world class operations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.
- Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Our company will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.