Distinguished Data Scientist Hayward United States,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
corteva agrisciences is seeking a distinguished Data Scientist to join our global Data Science and Informatics group working on predictive Analytics for digital Agriculture. if you are interested in analyzing one of the largest collections of farm data; in optimizing management practices for one of the largest farming Operations; or in developing simulation strategies that will provide the next generation Genetics/crop-protection/farm-management-practices for millions of farm-acres across the globe, our opening for a distinguished Data Scientist is your opportunity.
at corteva agriscience™, Agriculture division of dowdupont™, you’ll become part of an interdisciplinary, global work environment in which you will operate as a thought Leader and visionary that will encourage and promote disruptive advances by applying state-of-the-art methods in Data Science and artificial intelligence to critical problems spanning multiple segments of the organization. your strong and extensive background in machine/deep learning, Statistical Simulations and systems optimization will enable you to gain insights from a wide array of structured and unstructured datasets consisting of global-scale spatio-temporal sources (farm-equipment, uav, satellite, weather, soils etc.), imagery, Sequencing & Gene-expression data, proximal sensors and iot streams. this is a critical position with strategic impact on our business and you will play a major role by driving Innovation in Agriculture technology.working closely with data scientists, data engineers, researchers and business collaborators across the organization, you will develop and deploy sophisticated end-to-end solutions on a wide range of problems in digital Agriculture. this will require excellent interpersonal Communication Skills and an aptitude for building networks, within and outside the company
- phd or similar Qualification in a quantitative Data Science discipline
- 6+ years of work experience post-phd
- understanding of computational learning theory, graph theory, Statistical methods, Simulations & optimization.
- experience in the design and optimization of ml/dl and ai architectures for pattern recognition, object detection, anomaly detection, regression, causal network Analysis, unsupervised learning, natural language processing and sequence/Gene-expression Analysis.
- expertise in numerical methods, Mathematical Modeling and combinatorial optimization techniques in combination with Machine Learning methods for gaining model insights.
- Expert programming skills in r, Python and c/c++ programming with the ability to quickly create prototype solutions on unix / Linux / cloud platforms using open source tooling and libraries as necessary.
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and Communication Skills and a can-do attitude with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- excellent analytical and Problem-solving skills with the ability to work as part of a global team and, at times, independently while appropriately prioritizing tasks
we are excited to announce that corteva agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture division of dowdupont™. we are bringing together dupont crop protection, dupont pioneer and dowagrosciences to create a market-shaping, standalone Agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital Agriculture. we will work across the global Agriculture value chain to create a more efficient Food system.at corteva agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. this means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
dowdupont (nyse: dwdp) is a holding company comprised of the dow chemical company and dupont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in Agriculture, Materials Science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based Innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. for more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
the positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, materials science or specialty products, which are expected to separate from dowdupont into stand-alone public companies. information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Find a Job Find Candidates