This job is currently Archived,
Director, UK-European Territory CNS External Programs - United Kingdom
Posted on : 26 January 2017
- More than 30,000 our company employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do.
- As a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company, our company conducts R&D both internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines.
- Our company focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology and central nervous system, plus vaccines.
- Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in Emerging Markets, fuel our growth.
- While our company is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine.
- In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives.
- If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- The Director, UK/European Territory CNS External Programs will be a highly regarded scientist with a proven track record of establishing large scale collaborations and interacting with the biotech community.
- In this role, the candidate will responsible for managing internal scientific activities as well as external alliances to support the objectives of CNS drug discovery.
- In addition, s/he is expected to take primary responsibility for external innovation derived from UK, Europe, and Israel.
- Neurodegeneration: identifies a series of disease associated targets and establishes screening platforms based in human disease pathophysiology
- Psychiatry: generates a pipeline focused on regulatory genes implicated in disease pathophysiology; establishes platforms in human tissue for early validation; characterises specific patient cohorts at the cellular and imaging levels
- Develops and sustains tangible strategic value through collaborations and initiatives that contribute to the internal pipeline and offer alternative modalities for target progression in an external environment
- Serves as a core member of the CNS DDU senior management team contributing to DDU strategy and direction as well as a therapeutic strategy leader for PD
- Serves as the key interface for CNS DDU external activities in the UK, Europe and Israel
- Builds relationships & collaborates with scientific leaders, KOLs, academic partners within the UK and Europe ensuring a high level of visibility for company
- Identifies key technologies that facilitate mechanistic understanding of drug targets and/or improve the translational process into the clinic
- Represents our company and create a presence in the local CNS and related scientific community through scientific meetings, advisory boards, etc.
- Manages interactions with external facing groups in the company, including CEI, TVI and TAK-celerator
- Identifies translational research opportunities to the TREC
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of scientific advancement (e.g. competitive situation, new technology, new research portfolio, and new partnership)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- PhD or equivalent with extensive relevant experience
- Has strong leadership skills and acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to interact and conduct strategic planning with colleagues in other scientific disciplines.
- In-depth knowledge of the overall drug discovery process and demonstrated ability to successfully direct efforts on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Scientific strategic thinking; decisions will result in critical effect on the Company's long-term success.
- Exposure to hazardous/toxic/dangerous chemicals
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- May travel to scientific conferences and global project or functional meetings
- Some international travel is required
- Requires up to 15% travel