Director, U.S. Market Access and Pricing - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Director of U.S. Market Access and Pricing for the U.S. Commercial Business of our company is responsible for all market access/pricing strategy and execution in the United States.
- This individual must have a proven track record of developing and implementing strategies that secure and maintain optimal access for patients for oncology and orphan products at varying stages of life-cycle.
- Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to, leading a small market access team, the development of a price and contracting strategy, cost effectiveness modeling, payer value proposition/messaging, stakeholder engagement plans, channel distribution strategy, patient and physician services integration. Responsibilities also include working closely with marketing and clinical development leads to provide input for clinical trial design.
- This individual will report directly to the President of the U.S. Commercial Business.
- Develop the U.S. market access strategy for all company products in the United States (Oncology and Orphan Disease).
- Lead the development and implementation of pre-launch and launch initiatives including the value and access plan, field training, customer promotional material, pull through programs, and other market access support tactics.
- Design and execute a patient support services platform to ensure timely access of company products to patients
- Manage promotional budgets, and develop metrics to measure ROI against key initiatives.
- Contribute to strategic direction of all therapeutic areas of the U.S. business through active participation with the Senior Leadership Team to determine U.S. strategies for products and disease areas.
- Research and communicate to Senior Leadership Team trends in pharmaceutical industry pricing, reimbursement and market access, and develop proactive strategies in anticipation of these trends.
- Work in collaboration with Global Market Access and U.S. Commercial Operations to conduct quantitative and qualitative research to recommend a pricing strategy
- Recommend and implement various market access initiatives in order to collect and integrate payer/market insights to inform brand strategy.
- Develop appropriate programs, tools, and communication materials to effectively address payers' needs to render informed coverage decisions, as well as overall approach to therapeutic class management.
- Develop field-level data tools, analytic capabilities and pull-through efforts to enhance local business planning and execution effectiveness.
- Work closely with alliance partners and cross-functional stakeholders to develop, align and implement the U.S. annual strategic and tactical business plan with regards to Market Access and Pricing.
- Input into all U.S. product development teams by informing of pricing and market access potential.
- Input into commercially attractive products in business development and the pipeline in terms of pricing and market access.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of commercial pharmaceutical industry experience.
- 5+ years of market access and pricing assignments in the U.S. required.
- Orphan disease or Oncology experience is preferred.
- Experience with exclusive or limited distribution and Specialty Pharmacy models.
- Deep understanding of and ability to bring effective strategic pricing, market access and reimbursement initiatives.
- Experience with product launch.
- Knowledge of national and regional payer decision makers.
- Ability to influence both internal and external decision makers required.
- Good communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong analytical and financial skills necessary.
- 20-30% travel required, national and international.
Key Competencies specific to the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen
- Proactive, self-starter able to work independently
- Good communicator with developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with commercial management
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task