Director Technical Operations Job - Netherlands
MSD in Haarlem is part of the worldwide Merck & Co organisation, focused on production and packaging of medicines. Haarlem is transformed to a Lean organisation with short reporting lines, autonomous teams and delegation of authority at a level as low as possible in the organisation. Our production process is executed by four 'Integrated Process Teams' (IPTs). All supported by Centres of Excellence (CoE's) and global support functions with expertise in for example innovative technical operations, quality control, HR, Health, Safety and Environment, Finance or the composition of new packaging lines. For the department Technical Operations we are looking for a
Director Technical Operations
The CoE Technical Operations is responsible for carrying out various activities for the entire MSD site in Haarlem. The Director Technical Operations is responsible for the site-wide packagingtechnology innovation strategy and continuous improvement of the packaging facilities and equipment. The responsibilities are among others investment projects, Qualifications (IQ / OQ), site-wide responsibility to manage service contracts with vendors for support on equipment, installations and automation. The Director Technical Operations reports directly to the Plant manager of the Merck Manufacturing Division (MMD) in Haarlem. The Director Technical Operations is graded as M3, Director.
Content of the role:
- Responsible for the CoE Technical Operations with a continuous focus on quality, safety and compliance;
- As member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT) Haarlem you contribute to the alignment of MMD Haarlem strategy with the company’s strategies;
- Translating MMD strategies into proposals for the CoE Techops’ profit plan (including capital investments) and the long-term strategy;
- Responsible for the operational budget and capital expenses;
- Ensuring the execution and implementation of the CoE’s profit plan, manage the processes (including daily walkthroughs), monitor the progress and take corrective action when necessary;
- Initiate, prioritize and manage improvement initiatives for the site-wide technical equipment;
- Define and lead site-wide projects aligned with the site project portfolio;
- Responsible for assuring the performance indicators and taking care of the reports and analysis according to the reporting guidelines;
- Ensuring consistent procedures and guidelines;
- System-owner of facilities and equipment standards for GMP as well as Environment Health and Safety;
- End responsible for all people management activities within the CoE Technical Operations.
- MSc Degree or BSc Degree or equivalent with relevant experience in a relevant area (amongst others mechanical engineering);
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience preferably in the packaging or pharmaceutical industry;
- Keeps the oversight in a complex and dynamic environment and can react firmly to a large variety of changes;
- Committed to MSDs strategy, success, its people and values.
- Familiarity and comfort with advanced/emerging technology trends such as production automation, serialisation/aggregation;
- Creates and fosters a collaborative atmosphere, rather than hierarchical;
- Experience with planning and managing projects and/or programs with various stakeholders at various levels within an organisation;
- Client- and result driven;
- Capable of thinking and acting strategically, innovatively and creatively;
- Sees own and others’ failure as a learning opportunity;
- Strong communicative skills, fluent in both Dutch as well as English (spoken and written).
- Experience with working in international teams.
- Good leadership skills and behaviors.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean/Six Sigma applications and cultural changes.
For more information on this vacancy you can contact Wenny Raaymakers, Plant Manager MMD Haarlem(tel: +31 23 515 3612)
If you are interested in this challenging role, you are requested to apply online by uploading your resume and application letter in English.
MSD is working to help the world be well. Through our medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions to patients and animals. We also demonstrate our commitment to increasing access to health care through far-reaching programs that donate and deliver our products to the people who need them. MSD has a workforce of almost 4500 in the Netherlands at three main sites.
MSD. Be well. For more information, visit our website: msd.nl/career/
A good place to work
MSD is an attractive employer offering interesting opportunities in Research & Development, production and staff departments for an enormous range of disciplines such as biologists, chemists, process engineers, technicians, mechatronic engineers, pharmacists and operators. MSD always seeks ‘best-in-class’ employees at all levels. We expect a lot from our people and MSD has a lot to offer them as well. Team spirit, entrepreneurship, integrity, leadership and cross-border communication skills are what MSD values and rewards most. If you enjoy being challenged, over and over again, MSD will be a good place for you to work. We have an excellent fringe benefit program, and we invest heavily in the development of our people. MSD gives you plenty of opportunities for individual initiative and responsibility.
Job: Process Engineering Job Title:Director Technical Operations
Primary Location: EMEA-Netherlands-NH-Haarlem
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Operations Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Process Engineer, Management, Engineering, Operations