This job is currently Archived,
Director, Strategy & Planning, Alliance Management Cambridge United States,
Posted on : 11 April 2017
- More than 30,000 company employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do.
- Our company is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines.
- Our company focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases.
- Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
- While our company is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine.
- In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients lives.
- If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
This position is responsible for maximizing the success, value and efficiency of our partnered commercial program, Iclusig by providing project management and alliance management. In addition, this role will support global strategic, business and operational activities of the Oncology Business Unit as part of the Strategy and Planning Group. This may include, but is not limited to , process improvement within the business unit, roll-out of planning processes and overall support to increase efficiency and effectiveness within the business unit.
- Responsible for the Iclusig global alliance management. Drive achievement of Iclusig deliverables across the organization and ensure all requirements are met per alliance agreements.
- Build the alliance relationships and relationships with committee members will include executives from various functions within the company and from the alliance partners. Ensure that all joint committees have shared goals, expectations, operating principles, and performance metrics.
- Monitor all alliance related activities and lead joint teams in resolving issues regarding effective communication, conflict, or role clarification.
- Lead impasse resolution between companies when necessary.
- Monitor contractual obligations and deliverables for both our company and its alliance partner to ensure responsibilities are met.
- Lead process for revising contractual agreements as necessary.
- Measure alliance performance and implement action plans for continuous improvement across the company's alliance portfolio.
- Develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally, to achieve alliance objectives.
- Serve as a center of excellence for future commercial collaboration and establish required processes. Build business unit alliance capabilities.
- Support business development activities as needed, including maintaining presentations and gathering commercial inputs to support BD deliverables.
- Independently responsible for deliverables of the Strategy and Planning group with the Oncology Business Unit.
- Partner with others in the Oncology business unit and in broader company to increase the effectiveness and process efficiency within the business unit.
- This could include areas such as
- Long range and mid-term planning processes
- Global strategic planning processes
- Launch readiness processes
- OBU structure and operational effectiveness
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors Degree required
- Advanced Degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred
- Direct alliance management or project management experience within the
- pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Minimum 8 years of relevant commercial experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry with 4 years in a global setting
- Experience designing and implementing operational initiatives to create organizational alignment and/or establish new capabilities
- Experience working with or managing cross-functional teams, including senior management members, to accomplish shared goals
- Experience working with long-term partnerships desirable
- Deep understanding and experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Commercialization of pharmaceutical products
- Licensing and business development
- Project management
- Clinical Development
- Leadership Ability to provide leadership to our company's teams across the company to achieve results and deliverables
- Strategic Thinking Ability to participate in the development of overall strategy and link strategy to operational deliverables
- Communication and Interpersonal skills Ability to communicate ideas and data both orally and written in a persuasive and appropriate manner that ensures clarity among colleagues worldwide. Have confidence and diplomacy in interacting with people from different cultures and at all levels in organizations.
- Ability to address conflicts and work to mutually agreeable solutions.
- Comfortable working with senior management, internally and externally. Able to constructively voice opinions on sensitive issues to senior management.
- Cross Cultural Leadership Ability to successfully facilitate groups from all over the world understanding the business cultures of each region.
- Problem Solving Skills Ability to identify the critical issues and root cause of a problem, and then determine the optimal solution.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen Ability to develop and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within the pharmaceutical industry and health care environment.
- Business Leadership - Confidence, decisiveness and a willingness to listen to effectively influence as well as engage others in the accomplishment of shared goals.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple high priority projects with good attention to detail.
- Good teamwork skills. Ability to deal with all types of people. Understands others needs and motivations. Interpersonal savvy.
- Outstanding decision quality. Consistently demonstrates good judgment.
- Negotiation Ability to effectively represent our company s interests to an external party and agree on terms that are favorable to both parties.
- Legal Contracts Ability to understand contractual agreement structure, terms and obligations.
- Valid passport is required.
- This position requires 20-35% travel, including international trips.
Cambridge Massachusetts United States
Find a Job Find Candidates