This job is currently Archived,
Director, Strategic Accounts New York United States,
Posted on : 24 June 2017
- We are working together to become a credible partner in progressive, non-viral Liver Diseases to physicians, patients, payers and the broader scientific community. Our company is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that had its first product OCALIVA (obeticholic acid, a farnesoid X receptor (FXR) agonist) approved on May 27th, 2016 for the treatment of primary biliary cholangitis (PBC) in combination with ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA) in adults with an inadequate response to UDCA, or as monotherapy in adults unable to tolerate UDCA. In the U.S.
- Ocaliva has been launched for the use in PBC and we have a fully integrated team supporting the full commercialization of the product.
- On December 14th, 2016, the European Commission granted Ocaliva market authorization for PBC and the European company teams are preparing for their launches. We are building a global organization full of people who are committed to bringing innovation in Liver Diseases
- Our company is also seeking marketing approvals beyond the U.S. and Europe for OCALIVA in PBC and is also being evaluated in Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials in other liver diseases, such as Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) and Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis (PSC).
- We own worldwide rights to OCA outside of Japan and China, where we have exclusively licensed the compound to Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma, or DSP, and granted it an option to exclusively license OCA in certain other Asian countries.
- Obeticholic acid (OCA) a bile acid analog
- OCA is a first-in-class lead product candidate that
- Selectively binds to and activates the farnesoid X receptor (FXR)
- Regulates liver, intestinal, and kidney function
- Modulates inflammatory, metabolic, and immune pathways
- Our company is developing OCA in primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC) for patients
- With an inadequate response to standard-of-care therapy
- Unable to tolerate standard-of-care therapy
- PBC is a chronic, autoimmune, cholestatic liver disease
- If inadequately treated, it may eventually lead to cirrhosis, liver failure, and death
- Our company is looking for an experienced, motivated, and driven Director of Strategic Accounts.
- The individual will report to the Sr. Director, Strategic Accounts. As a member of the strategic account team, the DSA will play a key role in the sales and support of OCALIVA.
- The DSA is responsible for facilitating the introduction, education, pull-through and access /reimbursement of OCA with all national/regional commercial payers, Medicare/Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plans, Medicaid, the VA, DOD, TRICARE and other federal/state agencies or integrated delivery network accounts as assigned.
- This individual will also have responsibility for driving product penetration within highly controlled integrated healthcare systems, government accounts, channel partners and specialty pharmacies.
- Subsequent implementation of the strategy and tactics will be driven through alignment of the strategy with defining critical success factors, key performance indicators, and the supporting tactics for Obeticholic Acid (OCA.)
- This individual will need to work closely with patient services, distribution, sales, marketing, MSLs and commercial operations on a routine basis to ensure alignment in a fast paced matrix environment.
- Create and execute a strategic business plan for assigned commercial/federal/state government payer/specialty pharmacy markets with an objective to minimize OCA access barriers through streamlined and transparent coverage resulting in smooth patient access to therapy
- Drive appropriate usage of OCA for PBC in this marketplace
- Drive education in coordination with commercial leadership and local representatives regarding commercial/federal/state marketplace activities and tips for their pull through success in this marketplace to maximize appropriate use
- Execute and support any necessary commercial/government contracts as necessary to optimize reimbursement /product access.
- Responsible for staying on top of evolution of the commercial/federal/state government markets
- Create and update business strategies and plans as needed.
- Facilitate communication about this segment across all relevant stakeholders
- Establish critical relationships with a variety of stakeholders within this segment
- Establish our company as a strategic partner for commercial, federal and state customers.
- Re actively respond to any identified coverage issues and market access challenges for OCA within this segment
- Lead and demonstrate the ability to expand or build long-term executive level account relationships with targeted accounts
- Collaborate with brand and medical teams to continually improve relationships
- Attend key trade meetings (ex. AMCP), POA s and sales meetings
- Develop internal triage process in collaboration with field leadership around coverage concerns including denials or appeals and a plan to re mediate
New York NY
Find a Job Find Candidates