This job is currently Archived,
Director / Senior Director Neurodegeneration Research, Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit - United States
Posted on : 29 March 2017
- Leads a line/matrix team of GI motility disorder research scientists to deliver a differentiated motility disorder therapeutic portfolio from target ID through IND.
- To refine and build the motility disorder disease area strategy with an emphasis on neurodegeneration and neurogastroenterology, and leveraging external innovation, partnerships and licensing.
- A senior scientific research leader within the Gastroenterology Drug Discovery Unit (DDU), working within a highly matrixed & virtual environment to build a strong and sustainable preclinical and early clinical motility disorder pipeline
- Collaborates with other company research teams and external partners to build a robust pipeline in motility disorders up to and including clinical POC, with a focus on external innovation
- Is the key partner with the CNS DDU, responsible for creating synergies between GI and CNS research teams in areas of common interest such as neurodegenerative/neurological disease.
- Partners with colleagues in Translational Research and Early Clinical (TREC) team define early development plans thru POC for all internal and external projects in the motility disorder portfolio
- Partners with the Center for External Innovation for the identification and assessment of external platform and pipeline opportunities in motility disorders
- Forms a strong partnership with clinical and commercial team colleagues for disease area strategic alignment and in assessment of clinical stage licensing opportunities.
- Accountable for formulation and delivery of mid-long term innovative strategies to build a sustainable and innovative motility disorder pipeline
- Is seen as an international subject matter expert and identified as a global company thought leader in the field of motility disorder research and keeps up with the up-to-date scientific and regulatory advances and competitive environment.
- Represents our company and is responsible for creating a presence in the global GI and related scientific community through scientific meetings, advisory boards, online research communities, etc.
- Ensures and encourages diversity and supports individual colleagues in their career development
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Has an advanced degree in health or life sciences (e.g., Ph.D., M.D., D.V.M.) with significant industry and managerial experience, or the equivalent from an academic setting
- Is highly knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of neuroscience, neurodegeneration or motility disorder drug discovery, through to POC.
- Shows cross-cultural understanding to utilize the diverse talents and has demonstrated ability to manage matrix teams to maximize the organizational productivity.
- Has strong leadership skills and acumen.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Has experience of working through virtual and/or matrix team models in basic research
- Capable of leading a matrixed team comprised of scientists from within the company as well as external collaborators.
- Has significant experience of participation in diligence activities in the preclinical discovery function
- Requires approximately 25% or more travel, including international travel monthly basis.