This job is currently Archived,
Director Scientific Communications Leiden Netherlands,
Posted on : 21 April 2017
What we offer!
- We offer an exciting and innovative working environment within a very committed start-up organization, great colleagues and a lot of fun!
- We believe in our strong culture; personal responsibility, flexible work hours and places.
- Off course we pay a good salary. You will have a training budget and we will pay your pension and you will get travel allowance.
- Do you think you can contribute in achieving our mission AND Do you want to work in challenging environment where your work can really make a difference?
What are you going to do:
- We are looking for a professional with demonstrated ability to implement and drive scientific communications strategy externally, as well as across the organization to be our Director, Scientific Communications. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled communicator, functioning in multi-disciplinary team of scientists.
- In addition, the successful candidate will have demonstrated success developing cross-disciplinary working relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as key opinion leaders.
- The Director, Scientific Communications will have a proven ability to lead teams in producing quality documents, presentations and tutorials in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and be knowledgeable in all aspects of the company s scientific efforts.
- This position is responsible and accountable for all aspects of scientific communications for all company products/therapeutic areas including;
- 1) global publication strategy, planning and execution
- 2) global medical education strategy, planning and execution to ensure awareness of key data and key messages to internal and external stakeholders and
- 3) scientific congress support including internal preparedness (e.g support of podium presentations, generation of FAQs), data acquisition and competitive intelligence.
- In alignment with the development teams, is accountable for leading a cross-functional team to develop and execute an integrated, consistent scientific communications and publications plan that support program and company strategies
- Provide timelines and manages oversight for publication projects (abstracts, posters, oral presentations, and manuscripts)
- Identify strategic opportunities for internal and external scientific communication and education
- Work with teams to identify, develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external-facing partners
- In collaboration with the development teams, creatively and scientifically contribute/develop to and confirm accuracy of internal and external-facing materials
- Lead scientific congress planning and responsible for working with teams on the content/strategy
- Preparation and attendance of key scientific congresses and work with development teams to report back to the company
- Work with legal and regulatory to ensure compliance for all scientific communications and HCP interactions including transparency reporting
- Support planning and execution of scientific advisory boards
- Develops, implements and reviews SOPs for scientific communications and HCP interactions
- Advanced degree (MD/PhD/PharmD; or appropriate Master s level) required.
- Minimum 5 years experience (in Pharma/Biotech Industry) in publication planning and/or medical education activities with a proficient level of understanding of pharmaceutical business, including drug development process, and legal/compliance global environment, orphan drug/rare disease knowledge; RNA therapeutics preferred
- Experience in the development of communication strategies and key scientific message platforms.
- Ability to provide strategic insight into scientific expert development activities, publication planning and developing medical education materials
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think strategically and take a proactive approach to problem-solving to complete projects according to predetermined timelines and react efficiently to changing priorities
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with a track record of scientific publications including papers, abstracts, oral presentations, posters
- Proficiently learns and applies product knowledge to publication projects
- Experience in project management
- Must be well organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Should enjoy challenging situations and have the flexibility to work in a dynamic and fast-moving environment where there is freedom to act.
2333 CK Leiden The Netherlands
Find a Job Find Candidates