This job is currently Archived,
Director RWE - Denmark
Posted on : 02 June 2017
- An exciting position as global Director RWE is now available in the company Medical Affairs organisation in R&D.
- The position is placed within the newly established department of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) and Real World Evidence (RWE).
- The department plans and undertakes HEOR & RWE studies and develops tools (e.g. economic models) and real world evidence generation strategies to support the development, regulatory approval and market access for company products and ensure these are made available to benefit patients with psychiatric and neurological conditions.
- With more than 70 years in neuroscience our company has a truly outstanding expertise in developing and marketing treatments in Psychiatry and Neurology and has global presence in more than 50 countries with competencies and activities throughout the entire value chain.
Your job and key responsibilities
As Director RWE, you are responsible for developing and executing the real world evidence strategy for products within our focus disease areas, Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease. You lead a team of RWE specialists towards succeeding with their projects and you are a key member of our cross-functional Global Product Teams (GPTs) and/or other strategic groups and work in close coordination with leads from other disciplines at both HQ and affiliate level.
Further responsibilities are:
- Drive innovation and provide strategic and technical guidance in development of RWE generation strategies
- Oversee field studies and databases analyses in our focus disease areas in close collaboration with internal and external partners
- Lead and motivate RWE team members
- Participate in relevant governance and working groups
Our preferred candidate will possess the following competences:
- Education and experience:
- Master’s degree or PhD in Epidemiology or Pharmacoepidemiology or related scientific discipline, or MD with subspecialisation in Epidemiology or Public Health
- Minimum of 8 years of proven professional experience in real world evidence / epidemiology at a pharmaceutical company, specialized consultancy, research institute or similar.
- Thorough understanding of the purpose and need for real world evidence with a proven track record of successful execution of impactful real world evidence projects
- Experience in central nervous system (CNS) disorders, preferably in our focus disease areas Depression, Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease
- Personality and work habits:
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills enabling endorsement of real world evidence generation strategy and plans
- Thought leadership and source of inspiration for direct reports and co-workers
- Customer-centric approach, being able to understand customer needs and deliver value adding outcomes with high quality, on time and in a resource efficient manner
- Proactivity proposing creative, practical and scientifically solid solutions for complex problems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex data into relevant and compelling information for internal and external customers
- Fluent level of English (written and verbal)
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.