This job is currently Archived,
Director Research & Development Operations Innovation Beerse Belgium,
Johnson & Johnson (company)
Posted on : 19 June 2017
- Our company is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world.
- Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
- Our company is recruiting for a Director, Research & Development Operations Innovation.
- Our company is dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
- Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world.
- We recognize the impact of serious conditions on people's lives, and we aim to empower people through disease awareness, education and access to quality care.
- Our research and development strategy focuses on identifying medical needs and harnessing the best science in the world, whether from our own laboratories or through strategic relationships and collaborations. We leverage our world-class discovery and development expertise and operational excellence to deliver innovative, effective solutions.
- The department of Research & Development Operations Innovation (RDO-I) reports into the office of the R&D Chief Operations Officer and is dedicated to driving innovation into the clinical operating model to make clinical development faster and better for patients, investigators, our company, and the industry at large.
- RDO-I s approach is to learn through doing: we design and conduct demonstration projects that generate knowledge about novel operational models and methods, and facilitate broader implementation for creation of long term value.
- Our success comes by way of our entrepreneurial culture and through collaboration and teamwork.
- The Director, Research & Development Operations Innovation will lead multi-disciplinary transformational demonstration projects in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- These projects will identify and test novel approaches, processes, technologies and best practices that have the potential to reduce trial set up and execution cycle times, and/or reduce cost; generate conclusive results to make the business case for scale-up or adoption of these new methods.
- The successful candidate will be a forward-thinker, able to imagine the future of clinical research and design and execute informative demonstration projects to prepare company for this future.
- The candidate will have a deep understanding of the clinical development environment and a track record of successfully initiating and driving complex projects to completion.
- A global mindset with proven ability to partner cross-culturally and cross-functionally, to develop strong collaborations and to inspire trust across the organization and at all levels is essential.
- Candidate must be comfortable exploring new spaces where there is little or no experience or existing guidelines to follow.
A Bachelors degree is required; Master s degree/Graduate degree in business or life sciences is highly preferred; a minimum of 10 or more years of total business experience is required as well as a minimum of 7 years of experience in roles within clinical development operations is required.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with strong results orientation, who can operate independently and can navigate complex, matrix environments;
- Has executed or supervised multiple industry-sponsored interventional clinical trial from start to finish;
- Excellent organizational, project management and influential management skills; complemented by a hands-on orientation
Preferred Skills & Experiences:
- RDO Innovation seeks to build a dynamic and diverse team consisting of well-rounded individuals.
- We are looking for individuals to bring expertise in at least one of the below areas of need within our team:
- Clinical research operations in the pharmaceutical environment, ideally having conducted trials in a variety of phases and therapeutic areas
- Clinical development in alternative environments, such as government (e.g. NIH) or biotech
- Other regulatory, ethics, policy, medical affairs, real world evidence
- As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
- As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
- Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
- Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Find a Job Find Candidates