Director, Regional Bio-marker Diagnostic Leader - Switzerland
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our company is looking for a Regional Bio-marker Diagnostic Leader for the Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (EEMEA) to hold primary responsibility for the development and execution of regional Oncology Medical Affairs strategies and plans for biomarkers across oncology indications.
- Reporting to the Global Head, Biomarkers and Diagnostics in Oncology Global Medical Affairs, you will closely work with the medical affairs colleagues across the EEMEA region to support and give direction to the country medical organizations for local medical affairs activities concerning biomarkers and diagnostics.
- Besides, you will provide bio-marker and companion diagnostics scientific and medical expertise to the regional Marketing colleagues for the Oncology franchise.
Main accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute Medical Affairs strategy for biomarkers and companion diagnostics
- Design, update and give training both internally and externally
- Coordinate, present at and attend Advisory boards and other meetings with Scientific Leaders
- Conduct individual Scientific Leader and Pathologist interactions
- Help with planning of various activities around major oncology congresses
- Support commercial group for Launch Preparation and Post-launch activities
- Attend Global Product Development sub-team meetings for your indication(s)
- Serve as a member on Companion Diagnostic sub-teams in R&D
- Manage internal stakeholders with timely updates
- Interact with internal stakeholders for needs assessment and planning
- Participate in Competitive Intelligence and Market Research activities
- Lead strategy and interactions with advocacy groups
- Track guidelines and regulatory landscape for Diagnostic testing in your region
- Serve on scientific committee for investigator-initiated studies and other data generation proposals
- Review investigator-initiated studies, create local data generation proposals and interact with external investigators
- PhD or MD PhD with specialization in Life Sciences, e.g. Molecular Biology, Genomics or Oncology; expertise in companion diagnostic is an advantage
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in cross-functional matrix teams within an international pharmaceutical, biotechnology or diagnostics company
- Experience with Oncology Clinical Biomarker Development, Companion diagnostic development and commercialization or Anatomic and Molecular Pathology is preferred
- Prior experience working within the EEMEA region is strongly preferred
- Documented experience and confidence in working with diverse teams and functions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with and influence stakeholders within and across divisions
- Strategic thinking, specifically related to the development and execution of Medical Affairs goals and strategies
- Proven ability to effectively communicate information at management level, with public groups and to scientific leaders
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and results-oriented project management skills
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to understand how decisions fit into the broader context of corporate strategies
- Proven ability to collaborate with others and to resolve conflicts
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in in English
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Segment: Biotech, Medical, Oncology, Pathology, Pharmaceutical, Science, Healthcare