Director, Quality Value Chain Management - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- The Quality Product Leader (QPL) is responsible for end-to- end quality oversight and leadership for assigned product(s) in collaboration with the Value Chain Management team(s) ( VCMT)and Business Operating Unit Quality Operations.
- The QPL works with their VCMT collegues, and MMD quality leadership to envision the future state for their products and provide the leadership to make this a reality The QPL is tasked with bringing the “One Quality Voice” to the value chain(s) and communicating a clear Quality vision for the product and supply chain.
- As a key contributor to the Integrated Risk Management (IRM) process within the VCMT, the QPL proactively identifies/aggregates short and long term quality risks and ensures mitigations are developed and implemented, through collaboration within and between MMD Operating Units and partnering with the relevant Quality, Regulatory/CMC, Technical, and Operations colleagues.
- Provide input into Product Master Plans by authoring the Quality strategy section, including defining key , priorities, and objectives
- Drive execution of Product Quality Strategy action plan
- Influence others internally and externally, including senior leaders, in solving complex Quality issues/ risks. Operate in an unusually complex business environment; significant regulatory complexity, multiple technology platforms, etc.
- Understand the prevailing near and long term Quality risks and develop mitigation plans in collaboration with the relevant sites or functions. Utilizes IRM and Quality Risk Management tools and principles.
- Partner with Site/External Quality/ Operating Unit leaders to ensure risk mitigation efforts supporting assigned product supply chains are appropriately prioritized and executed within their areas of authority. Lead project teams as needed.
- Coordinate resolution of Quality risk/issues that cross multiple lines of business.
- Provides Quality oversight of the VCMT- level Change Management process.
- Provide Quality input for planned and unplanned major events. Examples include investigations that cross multiple lines of business, regulatory changes, launches, line extensions, demand changes, fact findings, recalls, adverse events
Education Minimum Requirement:
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 10 years applied professional work experience working in one or more of the following areas: pharmaceutical/ biotech manufacturing operations, quality organization, supply chain, technical operations, process research or development environment.
- Prior experience in a Quality organization.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- A degree focused in Science or Engineering (chemical or mechanical engineering, pharmacy/pharmaceutics, chemistry, biology).
- Prior experience leading cross-functional teams, encouraging speaking up and diversity of thought.
- Comprehensive understanding of Quality activities and functions.
- Working knowledge of end-to-end supply chain and the understanding of the roles and responsibility of the related function organization within.
- Strong ability to provide clear expectations and priorities for the teams.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills within teams and across the company.
- Ability to communicate effectively horizontally and vertically across the company.
- Strong ability to resolve conflicts among people and organizations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage independently multiple priorities, ensuring timely completion.
- Strong skills at team facilitation, team organization, and listening.
- Strong ability to manage through uncertain situations, make decisions and to develop strategic plans for managing risk.
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability, including the ability to drive teamwork and employee engagement.
- Solid understanding of the company’s Quality and Health Authority regulatory requirements.
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. Our company is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 6
Job Segment: Manager, Biotech, Engineer, Pharmacy, Law, Management, Science, Engineering, Healthcare, Legal