This job is currently Archived,
Director, Public and Government Affairs Boulogne-Billancourt France,
Posted on : 01 May 2017
- Lead Government Affairs strategy on the French Management Team, and develop company s long-term government affairs vision.
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders such as Patient Association Groups, Professional Medical Unions and elected officials.
- Support development and implementation of country Government Affairs Plans to optimize and defend market access for launch products, shape policy environment, and position company as the government s biotech partner of choice.
- Collaborate with the Market Access Director to support the access and reimbursement plans for company's products, and ensure advocacy strategies are included in Access/Brand Plans.
- Partner with the Europe Policy team to leverage company ex-US policy priorities and positions, and develop policy training, tool kits, and messaging for staff in markets.
- Develop coordinated strategy with Medical, Regulatory, Corporate Affairs teams on policy and advocacy efforts to shape biologic and bio similar regulatory issues, build company s reputation, and raise awareness about company s biotech innovation.
- Drives Value Based Health Care initiatives (patient journey) at national and regional level, in collaboration with Key Account Management team.
- Manages the partnership contracting team.
Scientific background & 7 years of government affairs/public affairs related experience
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies:
- More than 7 years of experience in biopharmaceutical sector and government relations, preferably in France.
- Competence or familiarity with policy issues relating to HTA/reimbursement and Biosimilars is a significant advantage.
- Working knowledge (regulatory, reimbursement, healthcare systems) of major healthcare markets in France.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to develop a comprehensive government affairs vision and strategic plan for an organization or company and then execute to deliver results, driving positive change for entity.
- Visionary leader capable of helping develop and implement sophisticated access and regulatory strategies policy strategies for the dynamic biopharmaceutical industry during time of great evolution and change.
- Skilled at working with business leaders to determine how the public affairs function can promote business objectives.
- Creative and independent thinker who can develop and persuasively articulate public policy ideas and solutions that may be different from the prevailing or conventional view.
- Outstanding ability to build relationships and use influence effectively in a variety of settings, both within the company and with external constituencies, including public officials, trade and patient associations and other relevant parties.
- Works effectively with patient groups to build trust and support by identifying mutual interests and agendas.
- Understands how to engage and mobilize patient advocacy groups to take appropriate action in support of specific issues, such as access, and to support company and the biopharmaceutical industry overall.
- Possess the strong interpersonal acumen that is necessary to deal with a broad range of individuals, backgrounds, and perspectives in a collaborative, strategic, and consensus-driven manner.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to convey in a clear and compelling manner important messages to different parties with different interests.
- Skilled at advocacy, influence and persuasion: able to convince others to act on information or recommendations based on compelling logic or common best interests
- Possesses unquestionable integrity and a sense of confidence, balanced with humility and sense of humor.
France Boulogne Billancourt
Find a Job Find Candidates