Director, Project Management - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The individual will also participate in Project Management operational and process improvement initiatives.
- In collaboration with team leader, manage global, cross-functional drug development project teams/sub-teams
- Develop and maintain comprehensive strategic project plans and budgets
- Foster communication and coordination between functional groups on interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of assigned projects within scope, on schedule and within budget constraints
- Prepare meeting agendas in collaboration with team leader, prepare minutes and track action items.
- Identify project risks and prepare mitigations and contingency plans
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of project milestones and deliverables
- Identify and communicate resource constraints to senior management
- Ensure team conflicts are resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare project updates for governance meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations
- Lead teams in preparing project objectives that ultimately support corporate objectives
- Provide leadership to guide and motivate project team members
- Participate in implementing improvements to project management processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the R&D organization and company wide
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Approximately 10 years of experience independently managing or leading cross-functional project teams in a drug development company
- Proven track record of success in Pharmaceutical, Biologic, or Combination Product Development Project Management
- Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and budgets
- Thorough understanding of the drug development processes
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple diverse cross-functional teams in a matrix organizational structure
- Demonstrated strength in written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project,– Visio a plus)
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- S. in a life science / pharmaceutics / engineering, or related technical field;
- Advanced degree (MS / PhD / Pharm D / MBA) is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.