This job is currently Archived,
Director, Project Management Palo Alto United States,
Jazz Pharma (company)
Posted on : 19 May 2017
- This individual will provide project management leadership to global drug development project teams primarily in the Hematology/Oncology Franchise.
- The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Director, Project Management, Development Team Leader, and Therapeutic Area Head in the Hematology/Oncology Franchise to ensure successful completion of project goals on schedule and within budget.
- The incumbent will also participate in project management process improvement initiatives.
- Manage global, cross-functional drug development project teams/sub-teams primarily in the Hematology/Oncology Franchise
- Organize interdepartmental activities to ensure completion of assigned projects within scope, on schedule and within budget constraints
- Identify project risks and prepare mitigations and contingency plans
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of project milestones and deliverables
- Identify and communicate resource constraints to senior management
- Ensure team conflicts are resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare project updates for governance meetings and clearly communicate status in written documents and presentations
- Participate in implementing improvements to project management processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the R&D organization and company wide
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Approximately 6 years (Associate Director)/10 years (Director) of experience independently managing or leading cross-functional project teams in a drug development company
- Proven track record of success in Project Management
- Experience creating and actively managing integrated timelines and budgets
- Thorough understanding of the drug development processes
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively manage multiple diverse cross-functional teams in a matrix organizational structure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project)
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- B.S. in a life science / pharmaceutical R&D, MBA is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that includes working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Palo Alto California
Find a Job Find Candidates