Director, Pricing & Reimbursement – Europe - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a bio pharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care.
- The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors.
- Our company is currently adding additional talent as it focuses on developing the European Region in support of providing maximum access to patients with unmet needs.
- Develop, and implement strategies to secure, sustain and appropriately optimize pricing, access, and reimbursement to customers in local European markets
- Provide recommendations on initiatives to optimize price across markets and maximize long term profitability
- Develop and ensure HEOR programs support the above strategies and engage stakeholders to facilitate pricing, reimbursement and uptake
- Maintain relationships with local European payers monitor the competitive landscape and proactively adapt to emerging trends in the reimbursement and drug pricing landscape in the local European Markets
- Collaborate across Brand Teams, Medical Affairs, Finance, Market Research, Legal, Government Affairs, and other functional teams, to develop strategies that reflect all relevant current and projected market dynamics
- Ensure that the local European Market Access activities comply with regulatory agencies, public policies/guidelines, and with corporate policies and procedures
- Strong track-record in Market Access, HEOR and/or Pricing and reimbursement experience at greater than a local level (e.g. EU, International or global), with understanding of the interdependencies across Europe
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Personal leadership and engagement in the development of core value models/dossiers and possessing positive relationships with major payer bodies and HTAs in key markets across Europe
- Clinical knowledge – the ideal candidate will, understand the needs at the clinical level with an ability to translate those into commercial plans
- Demonstrated ability to change payer perceptions of a market and in particular to establish unmet needs and the use of surrogate endpoints.
- Well-developed analytical and strategic skills with an entrepreneurial insight and a pragmatic approach
- Sophisticated communication, management and leadership skills, as well as a level of comfort at influencing and negotiating both within and outside an organisation are a prerequisite.
- Proven ability of successfully managing complexity across multi-functional reports and building strong relationships
- A strong business orientation and the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives, whilst managing organisational ambiguity
- Identify, analyze, develop, and implement recommendations and strategies regarding P&R policy and challenges important to product portfolio
- Analyze, synthesize, and translate technical HEOR, P&R information, including coverage and payment policies, into meaningful decision points, recommendations, and strategic tactics
- Project manage and oversee creation of robust P&R dossiers for EU countries
- Conceptualize, implement and manage HEOR projects from inception to completion for all phases of research, including publication, dissemination, and presentation
- Set milestones and manage external vendors and consultants for timely project deliverables
- Develop and implement appropriate HEOR brand/product tactics to assist the development of promotional and/or payer value propositions that support market positioning and optimise market access
- Prioritize tasks, and organize and manage multiple projects while maintaining an understanding of national and global perspectives and objectives
- Ability to take initiative, work within existing management structure, and to consistently deliver high-quality work products
- Communicate frequently and effectively with manager and other identified stakeholders/team members
- Produce well-written Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets that communicate key points in a clear and concise format
- C 40% travel required
- Position based in London – Stockley Park
Our company offers the opportunity to be part of a successful, fast growing company in a cross functional and collaborative environment.